Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I know there are loads of similar threads around but I am veryyyy confused:s I've come from Germany and joined a state school in year 11. It's a very bad performing school with many students struggling to get their 5A*-C . 've been working very hard and with virtually no support from teachers to rack up these grades:
    A* in Maths
    A* un German(I know I'm a cheat)
    A-B Statistics(Done the practising at home on my own)
    B Core science(Done the practising at home on my own)
    A* Additional science
    A R.E sort course
    A-B English language
    B English literature.
    A* ALevel German

Now from looking at other peoples grades i've been left with the impression that my grades are lower average if not poor.
    If I wanna go to a good University do I have to retake GCSEs in college or will take my circumstances into cnsideration? And are my grades what I think they are?

ReputationRep:
    Theyre low for tsr. Theyre very good for the average UK population

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for yor answer,
    so in your opinion i should take on some more GCSEs at Sixth Form while doing my ALevels?

There's no need to do any more GCSE's at all. 3A*'s, 3A's and 2 B's is great! As well as an A* in German A level already. I'd say they're grades to be very proud of.

Ignore the general "TSR Grades" comment. I think that is a load of rubbish. People are individuals and come here for help, hence why a lot of users get very high grades.

What would you like to do after A levels, may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    I would say those grades are well above average for the population. I wouldn't think you would need to Take anymore GCSE if you do obtain those grades

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the answers Well I'll take your advices and focus on my ALevels....but it's just them grammar school pupils leaving with 13 +A*s making me think I've achieved absolutely nothing :s
    The A-Levels I will study are :
    Maths
    Further Maths
    Physics
    Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theworriedone)
    Hey guys,
    I know there are loads of similar threads around but I am veryyyy confused:s I've come from Germany and joined a state school in year 11. It's a very bad performing school with many students struggling to get their 5A*-C . 've been working very hard and with virtually no support from teachers to rack up these grades:
    A* in Maths
    A* Additional science
    A R.E sort course
    A-B English language
    B English literature.
    A* ALevel German

Now from looking at other peoples grades i've been left with the impression that my grades are lower average if not poor.
    If I wanna go to a good University do I have to retake GCSEs in college or will take my circumstances into cnsideration? And are my grades what I think they are?
    Some unis for medicine look for more A*'s (Birmingham especially) but for other courses your GCSE's are really good and its the A-Level grades now which will matter.

ReputationRep:
    Those are fantastic grades! Really! TSR tends to attract the highest performing students, trust me you probably beat 90% of my school

(Original post by Theworriedone)
    Hey guys,
    A* in Maths
    A* Additional science
    A R.E sort course
    A-B English language
    B English literature.
    A* ALevel German

Id recommend doing the sciences

ReputationRep:
    You know mate, really don't take /some/ people on here too seriously.
    Your grades are pretty, bloody good.

Good luck n' all.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.