Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm doing some research on human genetics and for a recessive disorder, I have to draw a mating diagram representing the genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring. I know how to show the genotype but i don't really understand what it means by 'show the phenotype', would i just show which of the offspring will have the disorder and which of them won't? Is that what a phenotype is?

Someone please reply, it will be much appreciated

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xara202)
    Yeah, the phenotype is the physically observable characteristic in the organism, so if you were talking about hair colour a phenotype would be 'black hair'. So in your case yes, it would be which have it and which don't..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkss!)
    Yeah, the phenotype is the physically observable characteristic in the organism, so if you were talking about hair colour a phenotype would be 'black hair'. So in your case yes, it would be which have it and which don't..
    Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xara202)
    Thank You
    No worries mate

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.