Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I have a pear-shaped figure.

Although I have no power to chance this I would like to improve how I look. I am a size 8 on the top and size 10-12 on the bottom. 10s can be tight!

I have a 24 inch waist and although my hips are okay, the top of my thighs are 40 inches- yes saddlebags!

This is causing me to feel very uncomfortable about my body particularly as I am flat chested- 32AA.

I know that you cannot lose weight in one spot, but I am just under 5ft 9 and 127lbs so losing a lot of weight would making me underweight. I have a very healthy diet and eat lots of fruit and vegetables (I am a vegetarian), and eat little in terms of cakes or chocolate.

Any advice please about a diet or exercise plan?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone???

ReputationRep:
    Try having a look before making inane threads

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887324

ReputationRep:
    your thighs are more than1 and a half the size of your waist? is this even possible

ReputationRep:
    They really should privatise the Fitness forum for experts who don't need any help...

ReputationRep:
    Can you post a pic? I'm struggling to fathom how your measurements even work.

ReputationRep:
    also you won't get much help on here. I posted a thread once saying I had lost a weight but wanted to increase the amount of muscle I had on my stomach and pretty much every reply just said "you still have to much fat loose more weight" when I hadn't included any information about me at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    also you won't get much help on here. I posted a thread once saying I had lost a weight but wanted to increase the amount of muscle I had on my stomach and pretty much every reply just said "you still have to much fat loose more weight" when I hadn't included any information about me at all.
    lets have a look at what you said

(Original post by boba)
    I've recently been losing weight and I think I'm nearly at a weight that I will be happy with however I would like my stomach to look more toned as although its a lot smaller its still soft and squishy. I think that this means I have to develop the muscles? so any advice on exercises to do this would be appreciated
    If you want that toned look you need low body fat! Your muscles aren't going to show and you will always be soft and squishy if you have a layer of fat covering your abs no matter how big you make them, so saying you have too much fat is accurate

If you're going to get pissy when people point out an uncomfortable truth and tell you what to do you can hardly complain that you aren't getting useful advice

(Original post by Sprockette)
    They really should privatise the Fitness forum for experts who don't need any help...
    Well when people are dumb enough to not see the BIG STICKY THREADS at the top of the forum they can't really complain when they're treated disdainfully, if you have something relevant or specific to ask that isn't in the stickies then fair enough, but the thread I linked is quite clearly marked at the top of this forum and answers all of OP's questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    lets have a look at what you said

If you want that toned look you need low body fat! Your muscles aren't going to show and you will always be soft and squishy if you have a layer of fat covering your abs no matter how big you make them, so saying you have too much fat is accurate

If you're going to get pissy when people point out an uncomfortable truth and tell you what to do you can hardly complain that you aren't getting useful advice

Well when people are dumb enough to not see the BIG STICKY THREADS at the top of the forum they can't really complain when they're treated disdainfully, if you have something relevant or specific to ask that isn't in the stickies then fair enough, but the thread I linked is quite clearly marked at the top of this forum and answers all of OP's questions
    I'm aware of that but if you remember more accurately I said lower down that I had got to that point but you still couldn't see them so I wanted to build them up.. anorexic people have a low body fat but you can't see their muscles. i had also mentioned that my weight has been down to 7 stone before and you still couldn't see them, since 7 stone was a very dangerous weight for me to be down to your advice of just continue to loose fat until you can eventually see your muscles is quite dangerous advice to be spouting. I was also ignored when I mentioned men who work to try and get bigger muscles. since then i got better advice on how to actually do what I asked... and it has worked, so I guess I didn't just have to much body fat after all and my muscles really were just to small to achieve the look that I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    I'm aware of that but if you remember more accurately I said lower down that I had got to that point but you still couldn't see them so I wanted to build them up.. anorexic people have a low body fat but you can't see their muscles. i had also mentioned that my weight has been down to 7 stone before and you still couldn't see them, since 7 stone was a very dangerous weight for me to be down to your advice of just continue to loose fat until you can eventually see your muscles is quite dangerous advice to be spouting. I was also ignored when I mentioned men who work to try and get bigger muscles. since then i got better advice on how to actually do what I asked... and it has worked, so I guess I didn't just have to much body fat after all and my muscles really were just to small to achieve the look that I wanted.
    I didn't read the whole thread but going on the OP its accurate, what is this advice you got? Because you should be lifting heavy weights in my opinion, squat, closegrip bench, deadlift, pull ups, dips, overhead press etc

They'll build your abs and the rest of your body stop you being skinny fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I didn't read the whole thread but going on the OP its accurate, what is this advice you got? Because you should be lifting heavy weights in my opinion, squat, closegrip bench, deadlift, pull ups, dips, overhead press etc

yes I re-read my op and to be honest I think the problem was actually my bad communication of what I wanted so I apologies.
    and well the advice I got was basically some of the things you mentioned, although the thought of some of them still scares me :|. I find this so much harder than actually losing the weight, especially since so few girls go to that section of the gym its kinda intimidating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

Yep.

More muscle = lower percentage of body fat.

People get so caught up in thinking they need to lose more weight, when that's just not the case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    Yep.

More muscle = lower percentage of body fat.

People get so caught up in thinking they need to lose more weight, when that's just not the case!
    this was basically what I was trying to ask but I didn't explain very well so I just got told to continue loosing weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    yes I re-read my op and to be honest I think the problem was actually my bad communication of what I wanted so I apologies.
    and well the advice I got was basically some of the things you mentioned, although the thought of some of them still scares me :|. I find this so much harder than actually losing the weight, especially since so few girls go to that section of the gym its kinda intimidating
    Well you know what to do know, its up to you to go do it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    this was basically what I was trying to ask but I didn't explain very well so I just got told to continue loosing weight
    I think just to take the advice on these forums with a pinch of salt, sometimes people are a little misinformed. Like a_t said, start doing weight training (heavy as you can manage for 3 sets of 8-12 reps) to build up your muscles and obviously it's very important to eat right, especially an adequate intake of protein and fats.

ReputationRep:
    you just need to set yourself out a could routine light dumbell routine followed by a lot of cardio, the dumbell routine to start helps burn calories when doing the cardio. A combination of treadmill, rowing and crosstrainer and you can't go far wrong, the most important thing with training is discipline!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.