Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a contact lens assessment on Friday morning, and the following Friday I'm going to Paris and I'd really like to have contact lenses by then! Basically I'm just wondering how long it takes for them to 'make' your contact lenses and to set up a direct debit? I know with glasses you usually come back a few hours later and they're ready - is it the same with contact lenses?

ReputationRep:
    When I got mine I was just given them there and then, thats Specsavers.

But only a few pairs and btw, you can only wear them for about half an hour if its your first time wearing them- you'll be in agony otherwise. You have to get used to them.

ReputationRep:
    You will get some there and then (provided that the opticians has the right prescription in stock) BUT if you're like me, it will be a few weeks before you'll be confident enough to wear them full-time e.g.: on holiday. I'd pack some glasses for Paris just in case - initially lenses can be a bit of a struggle and there are situations where you just want to roll out of bed, shower, go out and not worry about sticking bits of plastic in your eyes

ReputationRep:
    If it's a common brand and prescription there are some in stock probably so you could buy them right the same day. If not it can take up to a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elissabeth)
    When I got mine I was just given them there and then, thats Specsavers.

But only a few pairs and btw, you can only wear them for about half an hour if its your first time wearing them- you'll be in agony otherwise. You have to get used to them.
    What? When I first had lenses (the daily ones) I started wearing them for full days straight away. I've never heard that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    What? When I first had lenses (the daily ones) I started wearing them for full days straight away. I've never heard that.
    How could you? it hurts like hell after two-three hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathy89)
    How could you? it hurts like hell after two-three hours.
    Not for me...I never had any pain with mine, except if I got something caught underneath them.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.