Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You could be a candidate for the Foundation year with those predictions ( you need B in Bio and chem) You could also exceed your predictions, some students do. But the interviewing panel decides which year applicants are placed in. At least if you apply you have a chance provided that you have the GCSE maths and English grades required. Your personal statement will give you more advantage if its well written and captures solid and steady voluntary/paid work that reflects your ambitions. I am assuming you want to do a healthcare related degree. If so sustained voluntary or some practical exposure in a setting which involves caring for people especially, vulnerable people would help significantly. (CRB check would be needed) Then if called for interview your performance at the interview will determine if you are chosen ad where they put you. It may also depend on the applications they get when you apply. The course has become very popular and competitive. But an application gives you a chance especially if you put all he other things in place to make your application stand out. Good luck whatever you decide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakyamuni)
    You could be a candidate for the Foundation year with those predictions ( you need B in Bio and chem) You could also exceed your predictions, some students do. But the interviewing panel decides which year applicants are placed in. At least if you apply you have a chance provided that you have the GCSE maths and English grades required. Your personal statement will give you more advantage if its well written and captures solid and steady voluntary/paid work that reflects your ambitions. I am assuming you want to do a healthcare related degree. If so sustained voluntary or some practical exposure in a setting which involves caring for people especially, vulnerable people would help significantly. (CRB check would be needed) Then if called for interview your performance at the interview will determine if you are chosen ad where they put you. It may also depend on the applications they get when you apply. The course has become very popular and competitive. But an application gives you a chance especially if you put all he other things in place to make your application stand out. Good luck whatever you decide.
    Have u transferred to medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadzworldz)
    Have u transferred to medicine?
    Not yet but hopefully one day.

ReputationRep:
    Not yet but hopefully one day.
    Oh ok, r u studying the foundation year or year 1 and how is it?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the foundation year but have taken Science alevels and have done well in them so far. Should I have applied for year 1 instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    I applied for the foundation year but have taken Science alevels and have done well in them so far. Should I have applied for year 1 instead?
    it dosent matter because they decide what year to offer you after your interview

ReputationRep:
    ive got an interview for clinical sciencesnext week I want to rearrange it will it be a badd thing rearranging it?

ReputationRep:
    please reply quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by June-2013)
    please reply quick
    Not at all, ring them and explain why. It doesn't affect your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UzairAhmadje)
    Not at all, ring them and explain why. It doesn't affect your application.
    I don't think I have good enough reason to change it as on the letter it says they only reschedule interviews under exceptional circumstances and I have to email for confirming attendance so should I email them regarding changing the interview slot??

ReputationRep:
    hi, i sent my application in a week ago for the foundation year with the predictions BBC, do I have a chance? and also, how long does it take for the university to reply back?

ReputationRep:
    Not entirely true. I have non science BTEC at DDM, there's a girl on my course with an E in chemistry and there's also a girl with AAA science a levels. It varies a huge amount, I know a few years ago they accepted a mature with just GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyjade92)
    Not entirely true. I have non science BTEC at DDM, there's a girl on my course with an E in chemistry and there's also a girl with AAA science a levels. It varies a huge amount, I know a few years ago they accepted a mature with just GCSEs
    Thanks for the info. Good to know its pretty much open to anybody who applies. This will clear up a lot of doubts for a lot of applicants and prospective applicants.

ReputationRep:
    When do they start giving out interviews? I've applied as my back up for medicine with AS grades AABC with extenuating circumstances. Predicted A2 A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplestrawberry)
    When do they start giving out interviews? I've applied as my back up for medicine with AS grades AABC with extenuating circumstances. Predicted A2 A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Normally Dec-May . I had mine in April and I applied in January, they take quite a while to reply to you and I think mine was notified by post, not UCAS

ReputationRep:
    I've received an interview offer but not a date, all I know it that it will be in January

What is the interview like? What format is it in? How long is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    I've received an interview offer but not a date, all I know it that it will be in January

What is the interview like? What format is it in? How long is it?

The interview usually consists of two interviewers. In my interview only one of them asked questions where the other just sat there and took notes; he seemed completely zoned out to be honest. It was slightly off-putting as he didn't seem engaged into what I was saying or responded to anything I said. So take note of that and don't be put off by this kind of behaviour - just make sure you occasionally address the other interviewer. I think its just an interviewing technique. It was formal interview but after a while it did seem like a chat. They look at your PS and ask questions from there so make sure you know what you have written and be willing to explain this. Of course your PS will probably been tailored towards Medicine and therefore expect standard medicine interview questions.

Hope this has helped - if you want any more advice on the interview just drop a PM and I'll help as much as I can! Good luck, prepare like you would for standard medical interview and that should exceed what is expected from you It is much easier and casual than standard medical interviews.

ReputationRep:
    got my interview tommorw. any tips???

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a rejection letter yet? I have heard nothing and everyone from my school have had interviews for clinical sciences, I have heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.