Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymuyt)
    @purplestrawberry, what region of England are you from? i sent mine on 24th October and am still waiting for a letter, and it's also my first choice.

Dont worry I sent mine on the 11th of October due to sending my application off for Medicine and still have no reply. Hopefully we will hear good news soon!! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrFantastic)
    Good luck. I'm there now (not studying CS). Interview is not tough as Medicine but it will be tricky. Feel free to ask questions

How is Bradford uni as a whole? like the atmosphere? are there great support and how is the social life there (not that I'm interested in that only) but you know, have to be aware of everything :P also how is the accommodation? if you don't mind me asking..
    Thankss!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shajada)
    How is Bradford uni as a whole? like the atmosphere? are there great support and how is the social life there (not that I'm interested in that only) but you know, have to be aware of everything :P also how is the accommodation? if you don't mind me asking..
    Thankss!
    The university is good. It actually exceeded my expectations and it's a brilliant place to study.

Support is not so great. Emails will get very slow replies from lecturers. With regard to exams, you tend to find out about a week before of any deadlines etc so it's something you will have to put up with.

I had an exam and emails to three different lecturers went unanswered. So don't hold your hopes when it comes to exam time. It's just you and the lectures.

With regards to accomodation....I can't answer that since I don't know whether your talking about Uni accom or private?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Bradford, live in Bradford and I've heard nothing of yet!! Are they still going to be giving out interviews in the new year?

ReputationRep:
    The university is good. It actually exceeded my expectations and it's a brilliant place to study.

Support is not so great. Emails will get very slow replies from lecturers. With regard to exams, you tend to find out about a week before of any deadlines etc so it's something you will have to put up with.

I had an exam and emails to three different lecturers went unanswered. So don't hold your hopes when it comes to exam time. It's just you and the lectures.

With regards to accomodation....I can't answer that since I don't know whether your talking about Uni accom or private?

Thanks for the info, and about the emailing and the exams, I guess Uni life really is going to be us being independent so we kind of do have to get used to it! And I was talking about university accomadation..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info, and about the emailing and the exams, I guess Uni life really is going to be us being independent so we kind of do have to get used to it! And I was talking about university accomadation..
    No problem. University is about you. No one will force you to come to a lecture and no one will care whether you have handed your work in.

I didn't mean to put anyone off with my comments about exams. I wrote that because it feels so different. At A-Level you can run to your Chemistry teacher and ask for some help etc. You have to book appointments to talk to lecturers which is perfectly reasonable but not something I'm used to.

University accommodation is good. I would not recommend private in Bradford though

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

ReputationRep:
    No problem. University is about you. No one will force you to come to a lecture and no one will care whether you have handed your work in.

I didn't mean to put anyone off with my comments about exams. I wrote that because it feels so different. At A-Level you can run to your Chemistry teacher and ask for some help etc. You have to book appointments to talk to lecturers which is perfectly reasonable but not something I'm used to.

University accommodation is good. I would not recommend private in Bradford though

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Yeah if I get an offer, I was thinking of applying for university accommodation, don't think I want private! How was your interview for the course?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if I get an offer, I was thinking of applying for university accommodation, don't think I want private! How was your interview for the course?
    Obviously I am not allowed to discuss interview questions but it is very informal. You MUST bear in mind that you are a potential future doctor they are looking at. You must act formal even though they will be extremely friendly.

Think before you speak. You will not be marked down if you take a second to think and talk. Maintain eye contact with BOTH interviewers. These are simple interview rules.

Nerves are 100% normal. If you are not nervous before the interview, I would be concerned for your mental state

It's relaxed and the interviewers are very nice people. They don't try to catch you out or anything.

I wish I could tell you more about format, questions etc but I'm not allowed

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I am not allowed to discuss interview questions but it is very informal. You MUST bear in mind that you are a potential future doctor they are looking at. You must act formal even though they will be extremely friendly.

Think before you speak. You will not be marked down if you take a second to think and talk. Maintain eye contact with BOTH interviewers. These are simple interview rules.

Nerves are 100% normal. If you are not nervous before the interview, I would be concerned for your mental state

It's relaxed and the interviewers are very nice people. They don't try to catch you out or anything.

I wish I could tell you more about format, questions etc but I'm not allowed

No worries this is great information, lol I wish we could get more information about question formats and stuff but its okay! any tips and advice on how to get the best out of the interview and ways to help you think on the spot? I know that is one of my main concerns

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    i have already applied for pharmacy but after hearing about clinical sciences i wish i had applied for that as a back up as i have heard it is possible to do medicine. what are the chances that there will be any places left through clearing?, i sent my application early december so i am guessing it is to late to apply for clinical sciences if anyone has any suggestion please could you let me know much appreciated. what are the chances of actually getting an interview? and if it is 20 people how much are actually accepted? thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR_)
    Hello,
    i have already applied for pharmacy but after hearing about clinical sciences i wish i had applied for that as a back up as i have heard it is possible to do medicine. what are the chances that there will be any places left through clearing?, i sent my application early december so i am guessing it is to late to apply for clinical sciences if anyone has any suggestion please could you let me know much appreciated. what are the chances of actually getting an interview? and if it is 20 people how much are actually accepted? thankyou
    I think the deadline for clinical sciences is the same as other ucas courses, 15th January. I don't know much about ucas as I was focused on applying to medicine and that wasn't going to change. So if you would normally be allowed to change a course after you've applied, I don't see why not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR_)
    Hello,
    There are 20 transfer places for the foundation course, and 20 for the 1st year BSc course. You still have to pass the Leeds interview if you get to be in the top 20 - and I think also have to do UCAT (but check that). They have approx 100 places on the course in total and you have to get a certain percentage in exams - 70% on Foundation and 60% in year one to be considered for the transfer places. They then cut it down to the 20 by interviews - so usually 20 are accepted as there are more than 20 that reach the required percentage.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's already had an interview, do we need our gcse certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplestrawberry)
    Anyone who's already had an interview, do we need our gcse certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They will ask for specific certificates from you on the letter you receive if you are accepted for an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazzyv)
    There are 20 transfer places for the foundation course, and 20 for the 1st year BSc course. You still have to pass the Leeds interview if you get to be in the top 20 - and I think also have to do UCAT (but check that). They have approx 100 places on the course in total and you have to get a certain percentage in exams - 70% on Foundation and 60% in year one to be considered for the transfer places. They then cut it down to the 20 by interviews - so usually 20 are accepted as there are more than 20 that reach the required percentage.
    I don't think you have to take the UKCAT test for the transfer.

ReputationRep:
    I applied on 15th October, live in London and haven't heard anything yet!

ReputationRep:
    I know they are busy but I wish they would let us know if we have an interview or not.

ReputationRep:
    I applied yesterday hahaha, hope I hear from them soon too

ReputationRep:
    Well,, I got rejected!!..

But, I was given a list of course to choose as an alternative.. Chose biomedical science.. Still waiting to know my fate..!!! Worried..

Does anyone have a link to biomedical science bradford Thread??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evenda)
    Well,, I got rejected!!..

But, I was given a list of course to choose as an alternative.. Chose biomedical science.. Still waiting to know my fate..!!! Worried..

Does anyone have a link to biomedical science bradford Thread??!!
    Was that a preinterview rejection or did you have an interview? Do you mind me asking what your stats were?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.