Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evenda)
    Well,, I got rejected!!..

But, I was given a list of course to choose as an alternative.. Chose biomedical science.. Still waiting to know my fate..!!! Worried..

Does anyone have a link to biomedical science bradford Thread??!!

I got that as well! But I'm choosing to taking a gap year and reapply for something else!
    My predictions were ABB :/ Maybe it was my PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymuyt)
    I got that as well! But I'm choosing to taking a gap year and reapply for something else!
    Was that before or after interview ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplestrawberry)
    Was that a preinterview rejection or did you have an interview? Do you mind me asking what your stats were?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was pre interview. I asked for feedback and was informed that I had limited experience regarding social and cultural awareness...

Gcse:: (Africa) equivalent to 3Bs, 6Cs..
    AS BBB
    A2 Predicted AAA

can't fault them though, because I had just one year (AS) to get clinical and non-clinical experiences by volunteering and didn't quite get enough bcos am just 2yrs old in UK...

GOODLUCK!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maymuyt)
    Mine was certainly because of the few work experiences I had.. You should ask for a feedback,it helps.. I asked and got a feedback..

I was given the opportunity to choose other courses as an alternative...very happy about it.. Chose biomed..
    Also, have got an interview for clinical physiology at Wolverhampton next month..

I like the course and hopefully, I get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone know when bradford uni give out their last interviews for clinical sciences year 1? I am just abit worried, everyone i know who applied has recieved offers aswell forget interviews, and i am here still waiting. I applied in October? Is this normal? When are their last interview dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm786)
    Hi does anyone know when bradford uni give out their last interviews for clinical sciences year 1? I am just abit worried, everyone i know who applied has recieved offers aswell forget interviews, and i am here still waiting. I applied in October? Is this normal? When are their last interview dates?
    Interviews as late as April/May

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips on the interview? Also what is the interview like? What sort of questions do they ask? Will they be asking you about like NHS issues, and ethical issues and stuff like that, or will be more based around you as in why medicine? teamwork? communication? leadership skills? etc. Please someone help, i need advice!! Much appreciated ! Xx

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    I am currently in college doing A levels and i wish to apply to Bradford University to study clinical science. I waned o know what to write in my personal statement to increase my chances of being selected.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off in October and still haven't received a reply, is this to be expected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonziggy)
    I sent my application off in October and still haven't received a reply, is this to be expected?
    yes yes yes.

Interviews can be as late as may/april time ^^^

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else received an invitation for interview in February?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    Has anybody else received an invitation for interview in February?
    I have:-) 5th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam.therese)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, me too! I'll see you there then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    Yes, me too! I'll see you there then!
    ive got a feeling i know you :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv Harnby)
    Hello, I applied in early October, and was interviewed on 15th November. I then received a conditional offer for year 1 on the 16th November (day after). The interview was focused on my PS, they also asked me a lot about AS biology, getting me to explain how the heart works in terms of electrical impulses and where the bloo is pumped to/from and how O2 gets from the air to bodily cells. They also asked about surgical procedures, asking me to explain about coronary stents and pacemakers, which was daunting. Hope this helps, the interviewers were kind of doing a 'bad cop' 'good cop' thing, where one was helping and promoting me whereas one barely said anything. Hope this helps, the interview overall wasn't as formal as expected, the interviewers try to make a relaxed situation and learn your personal statement off by heart!
    How do you know whether you've been made an offer for the foundation year or the first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam.therese)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too. Probably see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any idea how many people are interviewed for year 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqib133)
    How do you know whether you've been made an offer for the foundation year or the first year?
    Because they have different UCAS codes and they will tell you through a letter.

Note that a lot of people who apply for year one end up on foundation year, and it isn't just a repeat of A Level, they cover from GCSE all the way to degree level in about 3 months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplestrawberry)
    Any idea how many people are interviewed for year 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, However there are approx 100 places with about 30-40 transferring from foundation. Its hard to give a real figure, but as i said above, alot of year one applicants end up on foundation year, I know of at least 6 people with AAA-ABC in science a levels on foundation year.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an interview for this Wednesday (29th Jan) ??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.