Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqib133)
    How do you know whether you've been made an offer for the foundation year or the first year?
    Well I'd applied for year 0 but it updated when I got an offer and it said point of entry= year 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv Harnby)
    Well I'd applied for year 0 but it updated when I got an offer and it said point of entry= year 1
    Oh ok, my offer says point of entry 1, I applied for the clinical sciences/ medical foundation year so does that mean the first year or the foundation year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyjade92)
    Nope, However there are approx 100 places with about 30-40 transferring from foundation. Its hard to give a real figure, but as i said above, alot of year one applicants end up on foundation year, I know of at least 6 people with AAA-ABC in science a levels on foundation year.
    For year 1, it said that there were 30-40 places of which 20 transfer to medicine after year 1. Are you talking about the number of places for the foundation year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, I'd assumed we'd been put into year 1 but I'm starting to doubt myself now, I'll phone up and ask as I'm not sure anymore :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv Harnby)
    I'm not sure, I'd assumed we'd been put into year 1 but I'm starting to doubt myself now, I'll phone up and ask as I'm not sure anymore :s
    I rung up a few days ago but the admissions officer just said id been offered a place on the clinical sciences/ medical foundation yr, but im still not sure what that means

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, I received a letter from Bradford in November informing me I was being invited to the next round of interviews taking place in January, however still heard nothing of them as to when it would be :/ anyone else in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channonnixon)
    hey guys, I received a letter from Bradford in November informing me I was being invited to the next round of interviews taking place in January, however still heard nothing of them as to when it would be :/ anyone else in the same situation?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bullet Knuckle)
    yes
    pheww at least im not the only one

ReputationRep:
    You are not interviewed for a set year. You are interviewed for Clinical Science and they will decide where to stick you. There are currently people in the foundation year that had offers for medicine but missed out by a grade, so the view is that foundation is for the less intelligent but you'll actually find it's the opposite, just a bit there for you guys that will probably be disappointed when you get offered foundation, because a lot of you will. Very few in Foundation year actually applied for foundation.

ReputationRep:
    ugh i still havnt heard anything -.-

ReputationRep:
    If your in the foundation year can you submit another application for medicine through UCAS at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Year 1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stotttyy)
    anyone got an interview for this Wednesday (29th Jan) ??
    I had mine then.

Just got an offer for Year 1!
    Congrats!

Edit: Checked email after your post and I've got an unconditional offer !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    I had mine then.

Congrats!
    Thanks hope you hear from them soon!
    They are quick giving out offers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hope you hear from them soon!
    They are quick giving out offers
    I did hear

Check the edit on the last post
    I think I added it in as you replied back lol.

ReputationRep:
    I did hear

Check the edit on the last post
    I think I added it in as you replied back lol.
    woohoo!!! yayy!!
    foundation or year 1?

ReputationRep:
    woohoo!!! yayy!!
    foundation or year 1?
    It says foundation but I can't remember applying for the foundation. Slightly confused as I applied for the 3 year one.

ReputationRep:
    It says foundation but I can't remember applying for the foundation. Slightly confused as I applied for the 3 year one.
    ooh its because depends on your interview performance. There are separate threshold scores for each question for Year 1
    so may people who applied for Year 1 actually start in foundation year

ReputationRep:
    ooh its because depends on your interview performance. There are separate threshold scores for each question for Year 1
    so may people who applied for Year 1 actually start in foundation year
    Oh yh I get you. The women in the presentation was going on about this. Looks like I have some work to do before my next university interview.

Still, an offer is an offer I guess.

Congrats again

ReputationRep:
    Oh yh I get you. The women in the presentation was going on about this. Looks like I have some work to do before my next university interview.

Still, an offer is an offer I guess.

Congrats again
    Yeah foundation year is a great offer!!!!
    Well good luck with your other interviews!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.