Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stotttyy)
    Yeah foundation year is a great offer!!!!
    Well good luck with your other interviews!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest, I'm going to reject the offer.

Thanks Goodluck with your other choices aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    To be honest, I'm going to reject the offer.

Thanks Goodluck with your other choices aswell
    Why where else you applying for? And yeah me too! Just got an offer for medicine at Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why where else you applying for? And yeah me too! Just got an offer for medicine at Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!!!! Thats awesome!!!

Remaining ones are Newcastle(interview) and Southampton. Southampton haven't even started sending out interviews >.<

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!!! Thats awesome!!!

Remaining ones are Newcastle(interview) and Southampton. Southampton haven't even started sending out interviews >.<
    What for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Medicine(foundation med for Southampton tho).

I have 3 A's at A level already, I just don't meet most GCSE requirements

ReputationRep:
    Medicine(foundation med for Southampton tho).

I have 3 A's at A level already, I just don't meet most GCSE requirements
    That's awesome, good luck with your interview at Newcastle (amazing uni) !!!

Three A's is great. Well done on your grades !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome, good luck with your interview at Newcastle (amazing uni) !!!

Three A's is great. Well done on your grades !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Now if only I had some good interview skills haha

ReputationRep:
    Now if only I had some good interview skills haha
    Ahaha well you must be pretty decent skills as you still got an offer from Bradford the next day! And try the isc medical book - I relied on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqib133)
    If your in the foundation year can you submit another application for medicine through UCAS at the same time?
    Yes However your reference has to come from a college tutor as the tutors at Bradford will refuse.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Year 1!
    Congrats, how long did they take to inform you of the result of your interview? So confused because I accidently applied for Foundation Year but want to do Year 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    Congrats, how long did they take to inform you of the result of your interview? So confused because I accidently applied for Foundation Year but want to do Year 1.
    I did the exact same thing!!!!! but at the interview I told them that I actually wanted year 1 . They have threshold scores for year 1 for each question they ask you - so if your perform well at interview they will just put you in year one. don't worry! And I found out the next day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    absolutely gutted, rejection from Bradford, but offers for pharmacy and optometry(which i am going to reject!) They even stated on the letter saying that i have a high academic background, strong interest in medicine but then I don't see what went wrong, my interview performance was good too, although they did try tripping me up a few times but i didn't let that get to me and carried on. For those with an offer for year0/1 what were your stats and w/e etc? Also what qs were you asked in the interview, did you get confused/ did not know the answer to any. There was a question with me about elderly people, they asked what was the common thing affecting the elderly i talked about dementia, lifestyle and trauma. But i guess they didnt like my answer :L

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile I applied for this course and got rejected. Quite disappointed I wish they had given me a chance with an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channonnixon)
    pheww at least im not the only one
    I know right ... are you tempted to ring them up like me ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bullet Knuckle)
    I know right ... are you tempted to ring them up like me ?
    Yes! Someone in my college has already had their interview and got offer :/ I dont understand why its taking so long

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected but i've been offered to switch to biomedical science. Anyone else? Am I right in thinking that I don't need to email them if I want to do biomedical science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husi87)
    I just got rejected but i've been offered to switch to biomedical science. Anyone else? Am I right in thinking that I don't need to email them if I want to do biomedical science?

Hey there, sorry about your rejected.. but if you want biomed, you need to email them. same thing happened to me, and now i have got an offer for biomed.. no loss.. goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evenda)
    Hey there, sorry about your rejected.. but if you want biomed, you need to email them. same thing happened to me, and now i have got an offer for biomed.. no loss.. goodluck
    Ok thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husi87)
    Just consider if you really want to do Biomed at Bradford.Its not the best of uni's but I personally loved my time there, whilst others could not stand the place.Try to visit on an open day.

Pros
    -great lecturers
    -small community
    -you get to know everyone
    -really affordable city
    -excellent support and resources as well as IT stuff(Leeds in the the stone age compared to bradford)

Cons
    -not as respected as other uni's
    -nothing much to do in town.
    -most people I spoke to said Bradford was not their first UCAS place

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose anyone knows when they are handing out the next set of interviews ? I know they continue for a while at Bradford but its the last one I am waiting for. I haven't been rejected yet anyway ! So I guess that's a good thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Oct '18
  2. University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  3. University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.