Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazzyv)
    Don't suppose anyone knows when they are handing out the next set of interviews ? I know they continue for a while at Bradford but its the last one I am waiting for. I haven't been rejected yet anyway ! So I guess that's a good thing.
    me aswell im still waiting to hear from them, i called and asked they said they are still assessing my application so...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have received an interview for Bradford clinical sciences today, and I have an offer from st George's boimed, I want some advice on which one would you confirm, as I am thinking of study grad or transferring to medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DLES312)
    Hey guys, I have received an interview for Bradford clinical sciences today, and I have an offer from st George's boimed, I want some advice on which one would you confirm, as I am thinking of study grad or transferring to medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I done clinical sciences then got into Leeds.You might want to consider the following

1.Which one has a better applicants to places ratio since both have transfer options?I heard that at St Georges some people loose interest in wanting to do med as time goes on,but with clinical sciences everyone is working towards transferring to med. However I think St Georges has higher entry requirements,so you would be competing against much smarter people.

2.What will cost the least,can you afford graduate entry medicine?
    If you can afford grad entry med,have you considered studying in Europe?

3.If you fail at the transfer points, what degree will look better of grad entry medicine applications.

4.Location....London has so much more happening than Bradford.But Bradford is lovely and cheap.

About bradford
    -If you got a place in year 1 you only have one chance to make the grades for transfer.
    -If you got into foundation year you get two chances to get the grades(but you only get one chance at interview)
    -There will be people with 5 A or above grades at A-level to compete with
    -How are your A-levels going, will your tutors write a reference. I know someone on foundation year that applied through UCAS and got offers for Southampton and Kings. She gave up her UCAS offers to apply to Leeds :mad: and she also managed to get into Leeds.(somepeople are just ultra lucky).It wont look as bad if you complete a foundation year then leave to go to another uni at the end,but if you start year 1..it might not be a good idea to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, my worry is which degree would you say is more "impressive" for grad medicine? As I think st Georges has a better rep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, my worry is which degree would you say is more "impressive" for grad medicine? As I think st Georges has a better rep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    St George's definitely wins on rep. But the Bradford crowd are crazy with their extra circulars,but lets face it you can volunteer anywhere.

If I was aiming for GEM I would pick St Georges.

If your focused on reputation for GEM consider, seeing what's in adjustment.
    1.Kings has a higher than St Georges ,and are usually in clearing,they have a common first year and allowed people to change programs when I was at the UCAS stage, so pharmacology could switch to biomedical sciences and vice versa. Kings has no transfer options,but they do accept alot of their students for GEM.
    3.Queen Mary has a transfer option thing on one of their degrees,I don't know the details,but reputation wise they seem equivalent to St Georges.

It would be interesting to see how many clinical science people got a 1st, since this would be an obvious advantage.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks a lot, what is your situation?

ReputationRep:
    Ah thanks a lot, what is your situation?
    I applied for Bradford. Got into year 1, asked to be in foundation year,because I really did not want to be stuck on a clinical sciences degree. Quitting after year 1 will look worse than leaving after a foundation year.

Completed foundation year and got into Leeds.

I got good A-levels so I also checked what was in clearing,but they all seemed riskier than Bradford.

Whilst at Bradford I applied through UCAS, and I got some UCAS offers. They where conditional on me doing something,i didn't feel like at the time.

So I gave them up,and applied to Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice, so how are you finding the transition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I would like to ask you. I got an interview at Bradford on 19th March but there is one problem. Even I have not got any reply from Southampton for Medicine yet I would like to change the Bradford one, because Southampton has only one scheduled interview for my course, which is 19th March. So I declined the invitation as it was said I will be offered alternative dates, so I did, but it says I have to contact the Bradford uni to reschedule it. Do you think it is a good idea to write them about Southampton and put it as a reason? I do not wanna them to think that it is just back up or the 5th choice. You know what I mean.
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    hi, I have recently graduated from Bradford uni with first class degree honours in bsc diagnostic radiography and now working for the nhs, but feels capable of doing medicine but struggling to know where to start. do u think its worth doing this course? what are the chances of me having a place at leeds uni?thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawahiri)
    hi, I have recently graduated from Bradford uni with first class degree honours in bsc diagnostic radiography and now working for the nhs, but feels capable of doing medicine but struggling to know where to start. do u think its worth doing this course? what are the chances of me having a place at leeds uni?thanks in advance.
    I don't know if you would be able to apply for this course as they don't accept graduates with a science degree. You may be better applying for a graduate entry course at a medical school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petraarifin)
    Hey,
    I would like to ask you. I got an interview at Bradford on 19th March but there is one problem. Even I have not got any reply from Southampton for Medicine yet I would like to change the Bradford one, because Southampton has only one scheduled interview for my course, which is 19th March. So I declined the invitation as it was said I will be offered alternative dates, so I did, but it says I have to contact the Bradford uni to reschedule it. Do you think it is a good idea to write them about Southampton and put it as a reason? I do not wanna them to think that it is just back up or the 5th choice. You know what I mean.
    Thanks guys
    I am having the same problem i just declined the interview date going to inbox them about alternative dates but dunno how to reason it :/

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for year 0, I applied to 1 so don't be disheartened

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i was just wondering what type of questions do they ask in the interview, it would really help if you could let me know thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barmutlu1)
    I am having the same problem i just declined the interview date going to inbox them about alternative dates but dunno how to reason it :/
    Sorry for late reply. I called them up and they said they said that they will call me in April with alternative date. I told that there is another uni with the only interview slot on 19th March therefore I am not able to change that one. Quite straightforward. Did you call them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barmutlu1)
    Hi guys i was just wondering what type of questions do they ask in the interview, it would really help if you could let me know thanks
    Hi same guys I have my interview next week and was wondering how the questions might be like?
    =)

ReputationRep:
    Yep they said the same thing to me and that they are looking to arrange another day for me so lets see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dangerdanger)
    Hi,

Could any biomedical sciences students at st George's give me an insight into the course?

Are you enjoying it? is it hard to do well? what is in the first year? are you enjoying student life at st George's?

THANK YOU, please help if you can
    Think you would be better posting this on the st George's forum

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have a interview coming up, what type of questions come up? Does yous have any tips?? I'm quite scared lol don't like interviews!!

ReputationRep:
    No more interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what kind of questions did they ask

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.