Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heyy,

Any tips guys?? I have an interview next week and I am really scared lol, what type of questions come up? Yeah any tips or anything would be useful...

thank you

ReputationRep:
    Is there a group for offer holders on Facebook for the clinical sciences/ foundation course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think someone should push forward with the idea of having a group on Facebook for offer holder

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok so if I were to start one of these groups.... How do I go about making sure everyone can join etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Make it an open group maybe? I'm not fully sure as I don't use Facebook much, so that's why I suggested for someone else to create the group

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I've tried but I have to add people to it... So names ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam.therese)
    Ok so I've tried but I have to add people to it... So names ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey, will you add me too it? Channon nixon
    thankyou

ReputationRep:
    if you fb search clinical sciences (foundation medicine) offer holders 2014 you should find the group, would be nice to get to know people beforehand

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can't seem to find the group could you please post a link?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/766308036712656/

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I currently have a pharmacy offer at Bradford as my insurance choice. If I do go to Bradford for Pharmacy in September, do you think they can swap it for Clinical Sciences or Foundation Clinical Sciences and I could start that in September instead? I have not studied biology at AS nor at A level. I am awaiting my A level results and looking to get ABB (A in psychology, B in chemistry, B in maths)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stormclouds)
    I applied for Bradford. Got into year 1, asked to be in foundation year,because I really did not want to be stuck on a clinical sciences degree. Quitting after year 1 will look worse than leaving after a foundation year.

Completed foundation year and got into Leeds.

I got good A-levels so I also checked what was in clearing,but they all seemed riskier than Bradford.

Whilst at Bradford I applied through UCAS, and I got some UCAS offers. They where conditional on me doing something,i didn't feel like at the time.

So I gave them up,and applied to Leeds.
    Did the University know that you had applied through UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mQureshi)
    Did the University know that you had applied through UCAS?
    You can apply via UCAS but if you get an offer and choice to firm it on UCAS. you are not eligible for Leeds. A staff members from Bradford Uni will confirm with UCAS that you do not hold an offer and cannot put your application to Leeds if you have a firm else where.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm going to be doing Year 1 of Clinical Sciences next year at Bradford!
    There's no Facebook group for the Year 1s, should I create one?
    Would people join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZA_pink)
    Yeah I'm also joining year 1, would be a good idea to create a fb page and link it

Theres a page for current foundation years who will be year 1 if you want link for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZA_pink)
    Yeah I'm also joining year 1, would be a good idea to create a fb page and link it
    Yep! I think I am going to create one!

But, I can't make it if I don't add anyone as a member and I don't know anyone on the course at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mQureshi)
    Yep! I think I am going to create one!

But, I can't make it if I don't add anyone as a member and I don't know anyone on the course at the moment?
    what do you mean lol?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1460829860872527/

^^ The link of the Facebook group for the new Clinical Sciences Year 1s!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Im applying for 2015 entry for foundation year after my disappointing As grades(was a medic hopeful)
    I'm just wondering,I'm going to be applying for 4 other biomedical science choices and will be having a biomed focused personal statement.Will this disadvantage me from bradford??I've also got loads of volunteering,work experience,EC's etc but will not be talking about this in much detail in personal statement,do they have preferences for medicine personal statement??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epsilon1234)
    Hey everyone I thought I should create a thread regarding the clinical sciences course in the University of Bradford because I have noticed there aren't any.

When I was applying I had a lot of questions about the whole transfer scheme to medicine and what my chances were and I would have really appreciated it if I could speak to someone regarding the whole process. I came in through the foundation year and was selected for interview at the Leeds school of medicine but unfortunately I was rejected...I knew that medicine was what I really wanted to do so I stayed on to the final year - and thankfully I finally got a place in medicine.

So yeah if you have any questions, want any advice about the course or city etcetera then feel free to ask...I will try my best to answer as realistically and as best as I can.

If you want to do medicine but you didn't quite get the grades like me in GCSEs and A levels but you feel as though you are more than capable then there's still a chance believe me my academic history is really poor and not typical of your average medical applicant.

I don't profess to be the best person at doing this sort of thing, in fact I have never done it before, but I had always said that if ever I got into medicine I would do my best to try and help those others who were desperately struggling.

Thank you and GOOD LUCK
    Hi there,

I am on a gap year and reapplying for med. Ive got A*AB. Do you think its logical for me to apply for clinical sciences at bradford (wanna transfer to med at leeds) and do i have a chance of acc getting in? Also, how did u get a place at a medicine course, grad entry med?

Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2017
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.