Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jahidur99)
    Okay thanks and do you know how many people are there in the foundatipn clinic science course?
    It differs. This year theres 200 but 60 are for other courses. About 80 will get grades and 20 places. In year 1 theres 80 people for 20 places but not all will be able to apply. So thats lime 1 in 4 at its worst. It will be something like 1 in 3 in year 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SU21)
    I was a Clin Scier and would definitely recommend the course to anyone who is thinking of doing medicine.

I came into first year and got to the Leeds interview stage but I didnt get an offer too. But I did get an offer in the end and the benefit of being a graduate has definitely helped!

Any questions feel free to ask!
    what did you get for your GCSEs/A-levels and what univeristy did you apply for grad med? also, do you need a first for grad med?
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am sure everyone appreciates what you doing. Thank you for helping us.
    I have got some question.. I just applied to do the foundation year at Bradford, and I know it will be very difficult to get in because of the BMAT exam which I am very worried about. If I don't get accepted and need to wait until the final year, do I need to pay the fees for the Medical degree as I would already had one from Clinical science?
    Also is there any interview for the foundation year?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by leticia31)
    Hi I am sure everyone appreciates what you doing. Thank you for helping us.
    I have got some question.. I just applied to do the foundation year at Bradford, and I know it will be very difficult to get in because of the BMAT exam which I am very worried about. If I don't get accepted and need to wait until the final year, do I need to pay the fees for the Medical degree as I would already had one from Clinical science?
    Yes, if you end up doing 4 years of clinical sciences ( that is counted as a separate degree) and then graduate medicine then that is separate.

Im pretty sure SF only funds 4/5 years of higher education. So bear in mind that if you do get into graduate medicine you would have to pay for some years worth of tuition fee/living costs yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    Yes, if you end up doing 4 years of clinical sciences ( that is counted as a separate degree) and then graduate medicine then that is separate.

Im pretty sure SF only funds 4/5 years of higher education. So bear in mind that if you do get into graduate medicine you would have to pay for some years worth of tuition fee/living costs yourself.
    Thank you! Also do they do interviews for the foundation year? and how did you study for the BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SU21)
    I was a Clin Scier and would definitely recommend the course to anyone who is thinking of doing medicine.

I came into first year and got to the Leeds interview stage but I didnt get an offer too. But I did get an offer in the end and the benefit of being a graduate has definitely helped!

Hi, i have some question about how to pay the medical degree as a graduate.
    Does the university helps in any way ?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by leticia31)
    Hi, i have some question about how to pay the medical degree as a graduate.
    Does the university helps in any way ?
    Hi there

In response to a few of your questions;

There is an interview for the Foundation in Clinical Sciences course. The course booklet can be found here and page 10 has further information about transferring to study Medicine at Leeds. If you are thinking about studying another course after the Clinical Sciences BSc then you will need to consider funding because Student Finance England will only usually fund 4 years of study.

I hope that helps

Emma
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by University of Bradford)
    Hi there

In response to a few of your questions;

There is an interview for the Foundation in Clinical Sciences course. The course booklet can be found here and page 10 has further information about transferring to study Medicine at Leeds. If you are thinking about studying another course after the Clinical Sciences BSc then you will need to consider funding because Student Finance England will only usually fund 4 years of study.

I hope that helps

Emma
    Am i correct that the clinical sciences department have changed the rules regarding transfers to Medicine at leeds?

So Route 1 and 2 are only for people who want to do only Clinical sciences ( with or without Science A Levels) but cannot transfer to medicine?

and Only Route 3 is for the transfer; But this is only eligible for students in the widening participation criteria?

Ill be surprised because if this the case, the number of people wanting to do Clin Sciences at bradford would drop massively? Because a lot of people i knew who started this course in 2012 were not in the WPC scheme. Would be interesting to see how many people apply who are not eligible for Route 3 but still wanting to do medicine.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Am i correct that the clinical sciences department have changed the rules regarding transfers to Medicine at leeds?

So Route 1 and 2 are only for people who want to do only Clinical sciences ( with or without Science A Levels) but cannot transfer to medicine?

and Only Route 3 is for the transfer; But this is only eligible for students in the widening participation criteria?

Ill be surprised because if this the case, the number of people wanting to do Clin Sciences at bradford would drop massively? Because a lot of people i knew who started this course in 2012 were not in the WPC scheme. Would be interesting to see how many people apply who are not eligible for Route 3 but still wanting to do medicine.

Hello

There are currently three routes into Clinical Sciences;

1. Route 1: Direct entry into Year 1 of the BSc.
    2. Route 2: Entry via the Foundation year is suitable for applicants who do not have science A levels or the entry requirements for Year 1. Route 2 can lead directly into the BSc in Clinical Sciences or other health-related courses at Bradford or other UK institutions.
    3. Route 3: Entry via Route 3 into the Foundation year is for applicants who fulfil our widening participation criteria as well as the standard academic and non-academic entry requirements. Route 3 provides transfer opportunities for some students to the MBChB programme at Leeds Medical School.

I hope that helps!

Emma
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by University of Bradford)
    Hello

There are currently three routes into Clinical Sciences;

1. Route 1: Direct entry into Year 1 of the BSc.
    2. Route 2: Entry via the Foundation year is suitable for applicants who do not have science A levels or the entry requirements for Year 1. Route 2 can lead directly into the BSc in Clinical Sciences or other health-related courses at Bradford or other UK institutions.
    3. Route 3: Entry via Route 3 into the Foundation year is for applicants who fulfil our widening participation criteria as well as the standard academic and non-academic entry requirements. Route 3 provides transfer opportunities for some students to the MBChB programme at Leeds Medical School.

I hope that helps!

Emma
    Thanks for copy and pasting the information from website which i have already read but wanted it broken down in layman terms for clarification.

Will any student (who does NOT fall into the WCP); be able to transfer to Leeds med School with any Route?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks for copy and pasting the information from website which i have already read but wanted it broken down in layman terms for clarification.

Will any student (who does NOT fall into the WCP); be able to transfer to Leeds med School with any Route?
    Hello

Students would have to fall into the widening participation criteria in order to be considered for a transfer to Leeds.

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Which uni you did the clin. Sc? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SU21)

Hi
    May I ask which uni was that? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epsilon1234)
    Hey everyone I thought I should create a thread regarding the clinical sciences course in the University of Bradford because I have noticed there aren't any.

When I was applying I had a lot of questions about the whole transfer scheme to medicine and what my chances were and I would have really appreciated it if I could speak to someone regarding the whole process. I came in through the foundation year and was selected for interview at the Leeds school of medicine but unfortunately I was rejected...I knew that medicine was what I really wanted to do so I stayed on to the final year - and thankfully I finally got a place in medicine.

So yeah if you have any questions, want any advice about the course or city etcetera then feel free to ask...I will try my best to answer as realistically and as best as I can.

If you want to do medicine but you didn't quite get the grades like me in GCSEs and A levels but you feel as though you are more than capable then there's still a chance believe me my academic history is really poor and not typical of your average medical applicant.

I don't profess to be the best person at doing this sort of thing, in fact I have never done it before, but I had always said that if ever I got into medicine I would do my best to try and help those others who were desperately struggling.

Thank you and GOOD LUCK
    Graed advice. Thank you.
    May I ask how hard is the subject? (Clinical sciance)
    If can't get in to Leeds I believe can aply for medicine at other uni's .( They except clena sl sciance degree)

ReputationRep:
    Hey im an as student studying bio chem and btec business. My choices kinda got messed up at the beginning of the year and i realised that in dec. I'm not doing very well, to be honest im failing. Im getting E's in bio and chem but passing business with a d*. I am meant to be getting C's by then end of this year. I really want to get into the foundation year for clinical sciences at Bradford uni then go on to do pharmacy. Can someone help me and tell me what i need to do to pull up my grades and give me some background information about the course. I really dont want to this year again and i want to spend less time in uni.
    Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Waseem.S)
    Hey im an as student studying bio chem and btec business. My choices kinda got messed up at the beginning of the year and i realised that in dec. I'm not doing very well, to be honest im failing. Im getting E's in bio and chem but passing business with a d*. I am meant to be getting C's by then end of this year. I really want to get into the foundation year for clinical sciences at Bradford uni then go on to do pharmacy. Can someone help me and tell me what i need to do to pull up my grades and give me some background information about the course. I really dont want to this year again and i want to spend less time in uni.
    Thanks
    Hello

I have checked with our Admissions team and they have advised of the following; If you want to study Pharmacy then you should still apply for the Pharmacy course even if you don't meet the entry requirements. This shows us what you are interested in and we will take this into consideration. If you do not meet the entry requirements for Pharmacy then you will be considered for the Foundation in Clinical Sciences with a view to progressing on to Pharmacy. We would expect all students choosing this route to be achieving high grades at the end of the Foundation in Clinical Sciences course in order to study Pharmacy.

I hope that makes sense, it can sound a little confusing! If there is anything in particular you would like to know about the course then please get in touch with us.

Good luck for your results!

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thank you so much for this thread, really helpful👍
    I am in situation where I have applied to pharmacy because I thought clinical science was too risky. However I really want to do medicine so my question is, is it possible to apply to foundation clinical science through clearing?? Do you know anyone who applied through clearing and went to do medicine?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Toodumb)
    Hi, thank you so much for this thread, really helpful👍
    I am in situation where I have applied to pharmacy because I thought clinical science was too risky. However I really want to do medicine so my question is, is it possible to apply to foundation clinical science through clearing?? Do you know anyone who applied through clearing and went to do medicine?
    Hello

You would have to wait until Clearing to see if the Clinical Sciences courses are available. Hopefully some other students will be able to share their experiences of going on to study Medicine If there's anything else you would like to ask us directly then please do get in touch!

Thanks

Emma

ReputationRep:
    hey guys

I have a offer for the route 3 for clinical sciences at bradford and ofcourse would like to switch to med after first year however i have read that you never know how many places leeds provides can this mean that some years they dont provide any transfers.and who else is considering going.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by WIZ255)
    hey guys

I have a offer for the route 3 for clinical sciences at bradford and ofcourse would like to switch to med after first year however i have read that you never know how many places leeds provides can this mean that some years they dont provide any transfers.and who else is considering going.
    Hello

We put forward up to 20 of our highest achieving students for the transfer to Leeds to study Medicine.

The competitive process to be selected for these places is based on good academic performance, an application, interview and the BMAT.

It is at the discretion of Leeds Medical School how many of our students are accepted onto the course.

I hope that helps!

Emma

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.