The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clinical Sciences at the University of Bradford

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sammyjade92
Anyone still not heard anything back yet? Still waiting for an interview or even a decision. Mature applicant, applied in jan.

Applied for foundation in Jan.Not heard anything yet .Has anyone had an interview for foundation in Clincal sciences?I am a mature student but have a less conventional educational background and need to get the sciences up to speed.Getting an an interview would be something!
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by Ellen12345
Applied for foundation in Jan.Not heard anything yet .Has anyone had an interview for foundation in Clincal sciences?I am a mature student but have a less conventional educational background and need to get the sciences up to speed.Getting an an interview would be something!

not heard anything yet either :smile: dont worry me and you both :frown:(( xx
Reply 142
Original post by Shakyamuni
Ahhhhhh! sorry to hear it your interview experience was horrible. Why was it so horrible? Hard questions? surprise questions? Grrrr will tell you my story when I feel recovered. So will you go for their biomedical offer?

Haha yes it was horrible and I don't think I will tbh. I've haaa crisi, I don't even wanna do science anymore! I've really been put off so I think I'm going to take a gap year and look into accounting! I'm so confused haha! Have you heard anything yet? :smile:
Original post by muzza.
Haha yes it was horrible and I don't think I will tbh. I've haaa crisi, I don't even wanna do science anymore! I've really been put off so I think I'm going to take a gap year and look into accounting! I'm so confused haha! Have you heard anything yet? :smile:

hey
when did you have your interview?
i was told we'd hear in 1 -2 weeks max
Original post by mandie1
hi ...
i didnt apply to this uni but would it be possible for me to apply through clearing ?

hi, ive just applied through ucas extra as the course was still accepting applicants. its hard to say whether it will be available in clearing this year as there has been a very high number of applications though both the foundation and bsc course were available in clearing last year
Original post by asphodel77
I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and had not visited the university before then. First impressions was that the city itself (which has been renovated and looks pretty good!) was very different to what I am used to at home and the university was better than I had expected and I was even more impressed when I watched a presentation about the content and opportunities of the clincial science course.

I had been unsure about the course myself when I got an invitation to interview and was debating whether or not to go - when aspiring to medicine, starting off somewhere that does not do the course isn't really a good start!

However, the course seems to present a good foundation for starting medicine at university from the relevant skills you learn and the course content. If you are successful in getting 60/70% in all modules with no resits, you are eligable to apply to Leeds university for year 1 entry to medicine. The clinical science foundation has a guaranteed number of spaces every year for interview at leeds. If you are unsuccessful to be considered for medicine after the foundation, you can continue on to Year one clinical science and then apply to leeds that year but can not have interview through clinical science more than once. Even if you are unsuccessful after that, you have the opportunity to apply for graduate medicine after the clinical science degree. Not ideal if you want to study medicine - extra time and money wasted but it's still an excellent opportunity...

The interview itself was around 20 minutes long and for me didn't go well. I was unprepared for the structure of the interview and was completley thrown by some of the questions I was asked. I even got so worked up that I cried, forgot what I was saying and answered simple scientific questions wrong. I did acknowledge that I was wrong and corrected myself but felt that I had screwed the entire thing up.

To my utter surprise, they accepted me after interview, offering me grades CC which is pretty reasonable as I am a re-sit applicant. Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I know I would have appreciated some detailed information before I went for interview as I had no idea what sort of things I would be asked aside from what my future intentions were. Feel free to ask any questions - If I got through such an awful interview, you can! :smile:

Anyone with an offer up for making a FB group? I haven't heard back yet
Original post by UzairAhmadje
This thread is interesting. Just what I was looking for :smile: Just got an interview letter for Clinical Sciences for 12th December through the post today. I have a few queries which I hope you can answer.

1) What is the interview like? What sort of questions etc would be really useful.
2) What would you recommend wearing to the interview?
3) What was your overall % at the end of the clinical sciences year?
4) I have been predicted A*A*A for this year, what would be a likely offer based on that?
5) How difficult is it to transfer? and what do you think was the reason you were rejected first time round?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks! :biggrin:

Original post by MedMed12

You will hear back soon so kick back and watch it relax. Just out of interest, when was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kick back and watch it, relax.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UzairAhmadje
You will hear back soon so kick back and watch it relax. Just out of interest, when was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

last wednesday
Reply 150
Is it possible to ask to be put onto the foundation year if you don't want to do year 1?
Still waiting for an interview.. if I even get one..
Original post by Medic007
Is it possible to ask to be put onto the foundation year if you don't want to do year 1?

they decide sadly
have you had an interview yet?
Reply 153
Yes i had an interview and i have a conditional offer, on ucas it says For b991 so im guessing its going to be that?
Have you heard back?
Reply 154
Original post by Medic007
Yes i had an interview and i have a conditional offer, on ucas it says For b991 so im guessing its going to be that?
Have you heard back?

thats the foundation you have an offer for
I got one for the b990, the first year (and initially wanted the foundation), but I'm so so grateful I have an offer right now, knowing that theres over 1000 applicants for the course.

I know its confusing b990 -1st year
b991 is foundation
even the admissions tutor pointed this out to us during the presentation
Reply 155
Yeh its foundation, But i wasn't sure because they said they could put you into any and the code on ucas sometimes doesn't match, so i'll call up and find out just incase!
Interview on the 17th April :biggrin:
Reply 157
Original post by sammyjade92
Interview on the 17th April :biggrin:

Good luck :smile:
Original post by DrFantastic
Good luck and my best advice would be to appear informed i.e. NHS, social and ethical issues.

That :yy::redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrFantastic
Good luck and my best advice would be to appear informed i.e. NHS, social and ethical issues.

Hi, thanks for the advice! :smile:
I'm not getting my hopes up as I don't have a science background at all, but I'm happy to have the interview to be honest!! :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest