Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyjade92)
    Interview on the 17th April
    (Original post by Libby18)
    Good luck
    Hope all goes well. I have still not heard anything.
    Tried to ring in to find out where its at but admissions too busy to take the call(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellen12345)
    Tried to ring in to find out where its at but admissions too busy to take the call(
    hey,

honestly, I wouldnt ring them. If you have an online ID for evision, they definitely have your application and if they havent rejected you, it means they havent seen your UCAS or are still considering you I was tempted to do the same because I was really feeling it, but remember they send your interview via post too! when I put it to aside in my mind and tried to forget it, I ended up being surprised when I heard They seem to be interviewing into next month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellen12345)
    Don't worry too much!

You're pretty similar to me. Mature applicant, applied late to foundation and no real science background. I had kind of given up hope so don't give up!

Just for reference as you never said what grades you had, just that they weren't conventional...

I have A*AAAAABBBBCC at GCSE, DDM (320ucas points) in Performing arts BTEC. I studied AS levels but due to personal circumstances I had to drop out, so this interview is a huge relief for me!!

I already have an unconditional place elsewhere but it's for a nursing degree, not 100% I want to do it, not as bad as ClinSci anyway! X

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, I'm a current student and would like to ask any graduates currently studying postgraduate medicine of their experiences. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interview on the 17th April
    what time?

ReputationRep:
    Are there any medicine applicants on here who have Bradford as their back up choice?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Can anyone offer me some advice? I understand if you applied to first year of clinical sciences at Bradford and achieve 70% in all modules including chemistry then you are eligible to apply to Leeds for entry on to second year of medicine.
    After that what happens? Do you apply through ucas again or is it a direct application to the school of medicine? If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Also if anyone has been successful having done the foundation or first year of clinical sciences I'd really appreciate it if you could share your experiences, work experiences etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neeloo)
    Hi guys,

Can anyone offer me some advice? I understand if you applied to first year of clinical sciences at Bradford and achieve 70% in all modules including chemistry then you are eligible to apply to Leeds for entry on to second year of medicine.
    After that what happens? Do you apply through ucas again or is it a direct application to the school of medicine? If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Also if anyone has been successful having done the foundation or first year of clinical sciences I'd really appreciate it if you could share your experiences, work experiences etc.
    As far as I am aware and what I got told at my interview is that if you are in a certain percentile of your year then you are eligible to apply for entry to medicine at Leeds.

This requires you to write a medicine personal statement and have an interview with the medical school at Leeds as you would have had normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philippamalko)
    what time?
    3pm x

3pm x
    ahh mines at 2, are you going to the presentation?

ReputationRep:
    ahh mines at 2, are you going to the presentation?
    Yeah should be x

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much!

You're pretty similar to me. Mature applicant, applied late to foundation and no real science background. I had kind of given up hope so don't give up!

Just for reference as you never said what grades you had, just that they weren't conventional...

I have A*AAAAABBBBCC at GCSE, DDM (320ucas points) in Performing arts BTEC. I studied AS levels but due to personal circumstances I had to drop out, so this interview is a huge relief for me!!

Well I didnt achieve as well as I should at GCSE due to health issues then more recently completed an Acccess course in land Based Studies
    I already have an unconditional place elsewhere but it's for a nursing degree, not 100% I want to do it, not as bad as ClinSci anyway! X
    Well didnt achieve as well as I should at GCSE due to health problems ;didnt do A levels and have since been down the NVQ route in healthcare so have relevant work experience in hospitals and Residential Care and more latterly completed an Access Course but in Land based Studies so not entirely relevant ! ha! Have two unconditional offers ,one for osteopathy and other in Physiology which is good .Just have to wait and see.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UzairAhmadje)
    Yep, me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where have you applied to for medicine and how's the application looking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)
    Where have you applied to for medicine and how's the application looking?
    same here, Have you got the Bsc or foundation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    same here, Have you got the Bsc or foundation?
    Bsc (B990) I think?

Where have you applied for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten an interview for 1st May (with great difficulty!) and was wondering what kind of questions they'd ask? I know they would ask questions based on my PS, issues going on with NHS but was also told they would ask questions in Biology? =/ Are there any specific biological topics they may ask about?

I'd be grateful for any opinions on what i should do with my gap year.

Basically I'm in my last year of sixth form and have been rejected from Oxford (GCSEs not high enough), Sheffield (personal statement not as good as other peoples), Newcastle and Durham (2.5 off the UKCAT cut off) for medicine. Through ucas extra I applied to the clinical sciences course at Bradford university (in my hometown) to keep my options open. Would it make more sense to just take a year out and travel, get work experience and a job like a HCA/phlebotomist or to take this course and hope i do well enough to move to Leeds medical school after the first year? Alternatively I could do a year of this course and then still apply through ucas to medical schools in October?

For information my stats are:
    GCSEs: 6A*s 6As
    AS levels: AAAA
    A2 predictions: A*A*A*A*
    UKCAT: 692.5
    Work experience: long term charity volunteering and hospital experience

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I'd be grateful for any opinions on what i should do with my gap year.

Basically I'm in my last year of sixth form and have been rejected from Oxford (GCSEs not high enough), Sheffield (personal statement not as good as other peoples), Newcastle and Durham (2.5 off the UKCAT cut off) for medicine. Through ucas extra I applied to the clinical sciences course at Bradford university (in my hometown) to keep my options open. Would it make more sense to just take a year out and travel, get work experience and a job like a HCA/phlebotomist or to take this course and hope i do well enough to move to Leeds medical school after the first year? Alternatively I could do a year of this course and then still apply through ucas to medical schools in October?

For information my stats are:
    GCSEs: 6A*s 6As
    AS levels: AAAA
    A2 predictions: A*A*A*A*
    UKCAT: 692.5
    Work experience: long term charity volunteering and hospital experience

Thanks in advance
    I would take a gap year- with 4a* predictions theres no way you're not going to get 3As :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)
    As far as I am aware and what I got told at my interview is that if you are in a certain percentile of your year then you are eligible to apply for entry to medicine at Leeds.

This requires you to write a medicine personal statement and have an interview with the medical school at Leeds as you would have had normally.
    Thanks for the information, that answers some of my questions. Have you applied to medicine this year as well as the clinical sciences course at Bradford?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.