Turn on thread page Beta

I'm not the one to make these sort of threads but... watch

I'm in my mid 20's and have been single for 8 years but it's not really something that had bothered me recently, I've been getting on with my life and focussed on other things.

I recently noticed on facebook that my ex who I don't think I'll fully ever get over is now in a relationship. Things didn't end so well, I guess I was a little immature at that time and he also didn't treat me with much respect. It just pains me when I see that he's now with someone and I'm still single. I've also taken time to think about things and I notice everyone around me is now partnered with someone. I have a few single friends left. I'm beginning to wonder whether there is something wrong with me or if my blase attitude towards relationships has finally caught up with me. I've just always been happy being single but now it's at a point when I'm getting worried.

How can I start meeting attractive guys without appearing slutty? I'm reasonably attractive, rated 8 facially and I have a nice hour glass size 8 body. I'm not short of attention but the guys who usually show me attention are those I'm not attracted to. The ones I like (attractive, sophisticated and reserved) never give me any attention, I don't want to appear slutty by chatting them up.

ReputationRep:
    If you like reserved guys don't expect them to approach you.
    Are you familiar with the law of supply/demand? You seem to be very interested in meeting someone so I advise you to stop waiting to be approached and start approaching guys yourself.

If a guy thinks you're slutty because you started chatting with him that's not a guy you want to be with.

Try OKCupid. Don't be worried about how people will judge you for going on it. There are lots of singles in the city who feel bored but don't have the network to find people to hang out with!

You don't even have to flirt. Just ask someone out for coffee. The site matches you to people with similar hobbies and beliefs - it won't be too hard to strike up a conversation. There's lots of friendships and relationships waiting for you, just relax about them and walk into it. After all, you're fabulous, intelligent and single, plus no longer a teenager! You have nothing to lose

ReputationRep:
    Rated 8 facially? TSR still demands pics.

ReputationRep:
    You should try and get talking to this TSR user

ReputationRep:
    Find guys you think you might like and start talking to them? It really isn't hard for girls.. there's no 'rapey-ness' involved :rolleyes:

(Original post by Roo Bix)
    Rated 8 facially? TSR still demands pics.
    Lol, I've based this on my hot or not ratings.

I don't want to attach my picture because TSR will know who I am. I already get negged for some of my opinions that are sometimes considered controversial by some members and I don't want people to know I have this vulnerability hence being anon.

I really get a lot of unwanted attention and no wanted attention at all .

(Original post by in_vogue)
    You should try and get talking to this TSR user
    Lol he's too young for me.

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult, but it may help if you try to make the first move, especially with shy/quiet guys.

Don't go thinking there's something wrong with you though like you say, you've had plenty of attention, just not from the people you want to get attention from, and you've not been fortunate enough to find the right person yet but hopefully that'll change soon for you

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Try OKCupid. Don't be worried about how people will judge you for going on it. There are lots of singles in the city who feel bored but don't have the network to find people to hang out with!

You don't even have to flirt. Just ask someone out for coffee. The site matches you to people with similar hobbies and beliefs - it won't be too hard to strike up a conversation. There's lots of friendships and relationships waiting for you, just relax about them and walk into it. After all, you're fabulous, intelligent and single, plus no longer a teenager! You have nothing to lose
    Okay thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

I hope it's not similar to plenty of fish because I tried it and decided to cancel my account as there were too many sleazy men making contact with me. I want to start going out to bars after work more often this summer but I worry about my social skills.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.