Turn on thread page Beta

I will die by suicide at some point in my life. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You responded to my post on page 4 a few days ago, and it was helpful, and I just went back to look at it again, and it's gone. Did you delete it?
    Yeah, I did, sorry, I do that sometimes: paranoia.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yeah, I did, sorry, I do that sometimes: paranoia.
    That sucks. I was only able to skim over it. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Please do not get offended but you seriously need help of somekind immediately, like counselling and even spiritual advice and prayers.

You are unique, one of a kind, special, precious and valuable in everyway as a human being. I am sure your family, relatives and friends love you and need you around including the world. We all need eachother one way or another.

Think on the positive, do not focus on the negative, that will worsen your condition. Unfavourable circumstances in life however bad etc change and everything will be fine.

Be strong and hang on in there and you will see. Just have some faith and be patient in life and whatever happens, remember you are worth living not dying. We only have one life and now make the most of it and do not worry about anything, just live!

Take great care of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    OK, firstly I just want to say this is not a thread that has been made because I've had a bad day, and is it not a simple rant.

I'm not clinically depressed at the moment, and so am not in receipt of any counselling or medication therapy.

However, as many people on TSR will be aware, I have experienced real, and severe, depression 1 year back (which I had for about 18 months - 2 years in total, but feelings of 'being down'/upset for probably 3 years to be realistic).

I just feel that at some point, maybe in the next six months, maybe in the next 10 years (though I must admit I don't think it will be that long at all) that I will die by suicide.

I'm not writing this thread because I expect someone to reply with a well rehersed answer, just because I feel as though I would like to express it.

Thanks.
    My best friend died of cancer. She'd had her fair share of problems, just like everyone else, but was always positive and tried to make the best of life. She was just 29. She was one of the best people I've ever known. You should think yourself lucky that you are healthy and that you have the chance to do something with your life. Life is precious, you shouldn't waste it. I miss my friend everyday and wish I could bring her back, but I can't. Life is cruel sometimes but we just have to make the best of things. Taking your own life is a dreadful waste. Instead of thinking about suicide, why don't you write a list of all the things you want to achieve/do in life and make a plan.

Decide what makes you so unhappy and change it. Maybe you should change your job or meet new people. Maybe you should go travelling and see the world. Get out there and see that life can be good. The only person who can change your life and make it better is you.

(Original post by mathperson)
    OK, firstly I just want to say this is not a thread that has been made because I've had a bad day, and is it not a simple rant.

I'm not clinically depressed at the moment, and so am not in receipt of any counselling or medication therapy.

However, as many people on TSR will be aware, I have experienced real, and severe, depression 1 year back (which I had for about 18 months - 2 years in total, but feelings of 'being down'/upset for probably 3 years to be realistic).

I just feel that at some point, maybe in the next six months, maybe in the next 10 years (though I must admit I don't think it will be that long at all) that I will die by suicide.

I'm not writing this thread because I expect someone to reply with a well rehersed answer, just because I feel as though I would like to express it.

Thanks.
    Hi OP,

Sorry to hear you feel like this. I'm glad that you're not clinically depressed at the moment, although I would personally agree with the poster who suggested that perhaps there are still some underlying issues if you are still feeling this way. You mention that you are seeking treatment - have you discussed this with your doctor/therapist? If you feel able to it might be good to discuss this and explore some of the reasons behind why you are feeling like this. By starting this thread, I get the impression that you weren't particularly looking for a magic answer, more that you wanted to get this off your chest. The Samaritans are great at listening and won't judge you or try to change your mind - would you consider giving them a call? Their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/ If you don't feel able to speak to them on the phone, you can email them or text them and they will usually respond within a few hours.

I'm going to close this thread now, not because we don't care or we don't want to listen to you, but because we are not in the best position to help you and sometimes people post dangerous advice or make insensitive comments. Please give the Samaritans a call - they are better placed to listen to you and offer support. Alternatively, the Samaritans can call you with your permission if you feel unable to call them. If you would like me to ask them to call you, please PM me.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.