Turn on thread page Beta

Best brand of curry sauce? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Obviously nothing beats a curry from a proper Indian but which brand is best to use when you're making it at home? I havent found one I love yet

ReputationRep:
    Patak's is really good.

ReputationRep:
    I don't particularly like any sauces, but I do tend to use the Patak's curry paste (the madras one, my supermarket only sells that and korma or something else boring) as a base and then add my own ingredients.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    My best find in a long time is the little Chinese food shop in Brighton. It does loads of different curry sauces/pastes and i've been experimenting with a few of them.

If you come across any such shops it's worth taking a look in there, chinese curry stuff is wicked.

ReputationRep:
    Home made. You can buy the authentic spices mix for next to nothing on ebay and the results are amazing!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.