Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Due to the depressing posts which generally fill this section I thought a little variation was the order of the day.

So what is the best thing in your life that has happened to you or that you have achieved?

I don't care if it is learning to tie up your shoelaces/tie/gf/bf or passing exams/driving test/degree/wind.

Whatever it is that you are really proud of or you think back fondly of just say it.

For me the best time I have had was the summer before starting uni. I went camping with my best mates and had an absolute blast before we all disappeared off to other places and haven't really been as a group all together since.

The weather was fantastic, the scenery (Purbecks, Dorset) immense and the company out of this world.

Over to TSR...

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant thread!
    Best thing ever was travelling across the USA last summer, in spite of the fact my father told me I couldn't, that I would die, etc.
    Biggest achievement... either 4 As at A-level, or writing 50,000 words of my novel in NaNoWriMo last November.

ReputationRep:
    Realizing what a mistake I was making in terms of education choice and getting the course I seriously wanted more than anything (construction - architecture). Best thing in my life so far

Biggest achievement to date, either my grade 6 in violin from when I was younger or my green belt in Taekwondo

ReputationRep:
    Considering all the depressing threads this evening, I like this one..
    I think I make myself the happiest, learning to live with myself and going through cancer and all the after effects etc etc made me a better person, and when I think back to that first realisation that I wasn't a freak or ugly because of it, I feel proud. That's my biggest achievement, best thing to happen was meeting my boyfriend 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    woaaah das deep

ReputationRep:
    I freak out when I get an A in a coursework or exam. I mean it's almost a rare occurence for me, and people who get A's extremely easily will laugh but I just get so happy. I have to work extremly hard to get an A, and it just feels so good when I see that great letter on the exam results slips.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    When I went on a treasure hunt last year around London for charity with all my friends.

ReputationRep:
    Biggest Achievement?

Probably getting served at the local off license when I was 13.

I know it sounds stupid but I was so happy

ReputationRep:
    Learning how to play double bass and bassoon to the level that I was able to play in the senior orchestra for my county :yep:

Either that, or learning how to use my coffee machine at home. It may be simple, but omg it's improved my life.

ReputationRep:
    The time I spent studying in Canada in 2009, and the travelling I did last summer. Awesome.

I know they're not strictly speaking "achievements", but whatever. They were happy times.

Passing my driving test also made me really happy, as did driving my car.

ReputationRep:
    Best thing: a tie between dates with the bf/meeting him and coming back to uni for this year and realising I was over the guy from the year before and that I could be happy

Achievement: It's really stupid, but my level 1 Stable Management. I spent longer revising for it than I did for any of my gcses and I passed it perfectly. I really ought to go back and do the tests for 8,9 and 10 so I can cross it off at some point Orrrr, cantering, perfectly, or getting rising trot - basically horsey achievements

ReputationRep:
    Thing that made me happiest so far: Moving out of home and starting my own life independent of both my family and my religion, made me realise who i really am and what makes me happy.
    Biggest achievement: getting a good job with little qualifications and virtually no experience at the age of 18

ReputationRep:
    I taught a lot of my friends maths and science because the teachers were useless, got them their GCSEs/A levels <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.