The Student Room Group

I am unbelievably angry at my friend but he won't listen

The guy I'm talking about used to be one of my best friends, we used to sit and talk and laugh for hours and I genuinely felt lucky to have a friend like him. Over the past few months however he has stopped putting any effort into our friendship. He has become obsessed with popularity to the extent it's a bit sad and desperate. This has meant that he no longer has time for me, despite us getting on so well. I have tried to talk to him about it but he doesn't want to hear it. If I text him he just won't reply and act as though he has never read the text. He is annoying me so much because if I ever bring it up in conversation (which is rare considering I never see him) he will not talk about it at all, he just tells me to stop being stupid or he will literally just walk away from me. It's getting to the point where I don't know whether to just go completely mental at him so he gets the message.

I know a lot of you will say 'He's not worth your time' or think I'm making a fuss over nothing but I really want my friend back :frown:
Reply 1
Know the type.

They're idiots, generally, but you admire them as some sort of demigod.

I had (and still do) have this obsession with my mate, known him since little. Not as keen on me as I am him. No biggy. Just try not to take it personally.
Reply 2
I know the feeling.

He's star-struck at his new popularity and he's had an ego-boost. This is harsh but true; you're not considered important to him anymore. :frown:

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the lampost. I have every sympathy for you.
Reply 3
When it all dies down, maybe he's still there.

Don't close things, leave it open, but keep moving. Find more friends.
Reply 4
Original post by BlueJoker

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the lampost.

What?
Reply 5
this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but has he found himself a girl?

i know a few guys who will stop talking to female friends so much when they have a girlfriend, or have someone in their sights :dontknow:
Reply 6
Original post by qasidb
What?

Sometimes you're the one p*ssing on someone, sometimes you're being p*ssed on.
Same thing happened to me and my 'friend'...there really isn't too much you can do OP besides surrounding yourself with good and genuine friends who aren't so shortsighted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending