Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should I do HELP??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Should I...

A). Go to Durham/Cardiff/Southampton uni to study psychology

B).Go to this law firm that have offered to pay for me to do a law degree at Huddersfield uni with a guaranteed solicitors job after four years.

This is baring in mind that...
    -I don't have a lot of money
    -I originally wanted a job in education/health
    -Huddersfield isn't the best uni in comparison to my offers

What seems the best choice in life and what would you do if you were in my position?

ReputationRep:
    I guess it will be sensible to go for A, as in this case you will go to well recognized universities, particularly for your course, bearing in mind that you don't have enough money you could simply take student loan. Also there are many other factors - for example if you are EU then your fees will be less.

Follow your dreams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebeccaaa1)
    Should I...

A). Go to Durham/Cardiff/Southampton uni to study psychology

B).Go to this law firm that have offered to pay for me to do a law degree at Huddersfield uni with a guaranteed solicitors job after four years.

This is baring in mind that...
    -I don't have a lot of money
    -I originally wanted a job in education/health
    -Huddersfield isn't the best uni in comparison to my offers

What seems the best choice in life and what would you do if you were in my position?
    (Original post by Cesium)

Follow your dreams
    So your choices are between:-

(A) a non-vocational course at a good university in a subject with poor graduate prospects (and a surfeit of graduates) in circumstances where you have nothing beyond the vaguest of notions what you want to do in life

(B) a free pass to a highly competitive career with one of the highest average earnings

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.