Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of getting a pair of fixed back bucket seats and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? They'll be used in a road/trackday car.

I really like the look of Cobra Monaco S seats, does anyone have any experience with them?

Also, I'm 6' and 103kgs, so some seats may be a bit of a squeeze.

Cheers for any help.

ReputationRep:
    get the fat ******* version that most manufacturers make!

Cobra monaco S are budget seats so budget features such as steel construction, heavy weight, not so comfy etc.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of comfort, I prefer the ones made by Recaro. Otherwise the ones by Sparco isn't too bad either......... careful though if you're gonna use it in an everyday car... a friend of mine had his stolen while the car was parked.

Alternatively if you're after seats which are just light in weight, get a pair from a Lotus Elise..... guaranteed to give you all kinds of pains though

ReputationRep:
    Anything from Bride or Recaro :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Bride are rubbish seats. only popular amongst the saddo "JDM only" crowd where for some strange reason they have to modify their jap car with only JDM sourced parts despite cheaper and often better performing parts being available here.

Bride seats are massively overpriced for what is a mediocre seat at best. even the so called motorsport versions they want to sell world wide dont even have FIA approval so cant even be used in motorsport!!

recaro do make some good seats but again they are pricey and your paying a bit more for the brand. recaro furious is a good entry level seat for the "larger" person though.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.