Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!,

Just wondering if there is anyone who has applied to live here next year?

If there is, have you received any more information after sending your deposit + contracts back? :confused:

Starting to worry about the lack of post through through my door!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I got my contract back, an information pack, a goodie bag with cable street branded hoodie and baseball cap and £20 HMV voucher plus an invitation to a meet and greet garden party.

ReputationRep:
    I've chosen cable street too but had no welcome pack!

I've read things on fb about poor management such as poor internet/hygiene/cleanliness of flats and am quite worried about this now as it is a lot of money to stay there! :/

What are other people's experience?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emily,
    I've lived at Cable Street this year and hopefully will be staying again next year if I get the results I need. I was a bit apprehensive before I moved in becuase the management changed in August and I saw some stuff on facebook, but I think a lot of it wasn't true and was posted by the previous staff. My flat was clean and I haven't had issues with my internet connection. I've loved living here and haven't had any problems. you'll really enjoy living here

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Sarah!
    I'm living in the older Georgian block and when I went to view the flat, the shower was mouldy but they said that they would fix that by the time we moved in. I also would like to ask, is there a cleaning service and how good is the complaints process for cable street? Such as broken items or even noise?
    Also how are you coping with your finances as it's so expensive!
    Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emily,
    I'm living in the Georgian block this year! All the flats were cleaned over the summer before we moved in and our shower had the grout and seal redone last year so I guess they will do that to all the showers that need it. The maintenance is pretty good, we've not had many problems, the dishwasher stopped working but it got replaced and things like light bulbs have been changed straight away. There's an out of hours number which you can call for emergency maintenance and noise complaints, which is quite good

ReputationRep:
    would it be too late if i still havent booked accommodation by now?
    Im thinking of Cable Street as well, will be going to Lancaster just to view the flat and some houses
    is living in city centre convenient if you go to lancaster uni?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.