Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ok, so after all the hard work and stress I've got the two offers I really really wanted, Glasgow (AAB) and Manchester (AAA). The only thing is now I can't decide which I want to go to more and was hoping anyone at either Glasgow or Manchester could give me some advice?

I've lived in London for most of my life but I am from Manchester, so there's a sentimental attraction there. However at the same time I'm pretty excited at the idea of going to Glasgow, somewhere completely new and pretty different.

I think that Glasgow seems like a nicer place to study. The city has a really nice old feel but the medical school is looks really modern and is designed around the PBL course, something that attracted me in the first place. Manchester University maybe isn't as nice aesthetically, but I love the course there, and the city is extremely appealing, what with having amazing music and Man City I know that aesthetics is kind of stupid but it's niggling me

I love both universities and just have no idea how to pick one. I think that at the moment I'm leaning towards to adventure Glasgow offers. Also the fees are slightly cheaper and the living costs should be lesser. However this is like a 1% lean, so it's kind of like 51% of me wants Glasgow, 49% Manchester

Also, should world rankings be taken into account? Because Manchester is ranked 39th on the QS rankings for life sciences and medicine and Glasgow 95th. Just wondering in case it can affect job applications down the line.

Anyhoo, cheers :rolleyes:

I actually think Manchester is really aesthetically pleasing!!! I prefer it to Glasgow. Have you been to both open days??
    At the end of the day you should follow your gut feeling.

World ranking won't make any difference for the UK, may only make a difference for if you maybe want to go to America but Glasgow has a great reputation anyway.

You also have to think where would you want to live, even after your med schools yrs and so many stay on in the area.

By the sounds of it you should go for Glasgow as you seem more excited about them.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.