Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catiexx)
    Maths because it is ridiculously easy.
    I wouldn't classify maths, or any subject as 'easy'.
    The only conclusion you could draw is that maths is easy for you.
    In that sense, as you might guess from my username, I find maths easy, but definately not boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flume)
    Agreed, awful course.. the coursework was so tedious and the exam was ridiculously easy.

Most interesting, however, was History! Learning about WW2 and the Cold War has really helped my A Level German.. GCSE History syllabus is so much better than A Level French revolution is dire.
    Completely agree. I'm loving the History syllabus at the moment in GCSE, and the A-level (which I'll be taking) doesn't look as interesting. I prefer modern history, and some of it is tudor etc.

ReputationRep:
    Modern World History. Okay I get it, the Nazis really hated the Jews.

Also the courage of Apartheid and the Civil Rights movement are almost identical. Yawn!

ReputationRep:
    ICT. Coursework was so repetitive and pointless and neverending and was next to no theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by recurring500)
    I think it's got to be English...
    What do you think?
    French. I remember those days in secondary school. Five years of French. It was unexplainable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Maths has got to be up there.
    I loved A level maths though - the GCSE course was just dire except for a few moments where it started to touch on being interesting. And then that was cut short because we "didn't need to know" anything else beyond that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Maths has got to be up there.
    I loved A level maths though - the GCSE course was just dire except for a few moments where it started to touch on being interesting. And then that was cut short because we "didn't need to know" anything else beyond that.
    All my class has been doing for the last two months is online revision tasks and past papers. I've already done 17 past papers, and every time I tell my teacher I'm bored of them, and would like to move onto something more interesting, he gives me more .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siwelmail)
    I did a mock paper in yr 9 got a high B, at end of yr 11 i got an A.
    Not hard dude.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by und)
    All my class has been doing for the last two months is online revision tasks and past papers. I've already done 17 past papers, and every time I tell my teacher I'm bored of them, and would like to move onto something more interesting, he gives me more .
    I know the feeling!
    I only did past papers for GCSE, AS and A2 revision.
    And in my first maths exam at uni I think I only did past papers too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottD)
    Not hard dude.
    That's what I'm saying.............**** me there is people on here with 25 A*s and then there is people who are deciding which secondary school to go to.............

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry for me.

ReputationRep:
    English Lit, because it was 2 years of my English teacher dictating poetry analysis so we could regurgitate it in an exam.

ReputationRep:
    PSHCE, where they seemed to try and add an extra letter each year to make it sound more like a real subject.

The exam involved viewing emoticons with differing emotions and writing down what feeling each face was portraying...for almost 3 hours!

ReputationRep:
    German by a long shot. Quite like everything else to be honest, but German is horrid. I wouldnt have chose it just a MFL is compulsary in my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    Citizenship is an actual GCSE now? :lolwut:

I remember PSE being an hour of playing cards 1/week while your form teacher trie desperately to make the crap he was saying even remotely interesting.
    Ahaha yes it is!
    I got an A* :smug:

Its basically a load of bull where you talk about how to be a good citizen in your community and some stuff about EU laws. I basically made half of it up. Easiest A* I ever got

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.