The Student Room Group

Most Boring GCSE???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Catiexx
Maths because it is ridiculously easy.

I wouldn't classify maths, or any subject as 'easy'.
The only conclusion you could draw is that maths is easy for you.
In that sense, as you might guess from my username, I find maths easy, but definately not boring.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by flume
Agreed, awful course.. the coursework was so tedious and the exam was ridiculously easy.

Most interesting, however, was History! Learning about WW2 and the Cold War has really helped my A Level German.. GCSE History syllabus is so much better than A Level :frown: French revolution is dire.

Completely agree. I'm loving the History syllabus at the moment in GCSE, and the A-level (which I'll be taking) doesn't look as interesting. I prefer modern history, and some of it is tudor etc.
Modern World History. Okay I get it, the Nazis really hated the Jews.

Also the courage of Apartheid and the Civil Rights movement are almost identical. Yawn!
ICT. Coursework was so repetitive and pointless and neverending and was next to no theory
Reply 84
Original post by recurring500
I think it's got to be English...
What do you think?

French. I remember those days in secondary school. Five years of French. It was unexplainable.
Reply 85
Maths has got to be up there.
I loved A level maths though - the GCSE course was just dire except for a few moments where it started to touch on being interesting. And then that was cut short because we "didn't need to know" anything else beyond that.
Reply 86
Original post by Manitude

Original post by Manitude
Maths has got to be up there.
I loved A level maths though - the GCSE course was just dire except for a few moments where it started to touch on being interesting. And then that was cut short because we "didn't need to know" anything else beyond that.

All my class has been doing for the last two months is online revision tasks and past papers. I've already done 17 past papers, and every time I tell my teacher I'm bored of them, and would like to move onto something more interesting, he gives me more :frown:.
Reply 87
Original post by siwelmail
I did a mock paper in yr 9 got a high B, at end of yr 11 i got an A.

Not hard dude.
Reply 88
Original post by und
All my class has been doing for the last two months is online revision tasks and past papers. I've already done 17 past papers, and every time I tell my teacher I'm bored of them, and would like to move onto something more interesting, he gives me more :frown:.

I know the feeling!
I only did past papers for GCSE, AS and A2 revision.
And in my first maths exam at uni I think I only did past papers too.
Original post by ScottD
Not hard dude.

That's what I'm saying.............**** me there is people on here with 25 A*s and then there is people who are deciding which secondary school to go to.............
Chemistry for me.
English Lit, because it was 2 years of my English teacher dictating poetry analysis so we could regurgitate it in an exam.
Reply 92
PSHCE, where they seemed to try and add an extra letter each year to make it sound more like a real subject.

The exam involved viewing emoticons with differing emotions and writing down what feeling each face was portraying...for almost 3 hours!
German by a long shot. Quite like everything else to be honest, but German is horrid. I wouldnt have chose it just a MFL is compulsary in my school :frown:
Original post by History-Student

Original post by History-Student
Citizenship is an actual GCSE now? :lolwut:

I remember PSE being an hour of playing cards 1/week while your form teacher trie desperately to make the crap he was saying even remotely interesting.

Ahaha yes it is!
I got an A* :smug:

Its basically a load of bull where you talk about how to be a good citizen in your community and some stuff about EU laws. I basically made half of it up. Easiest A* I ever got :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest