Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissClumsy)
    I'm doing AS geography and it's the biggest pile of ****e out there. I mean it might just be because of the syllabus we're doing, but I hate rivers, population etc. I'm going to drop it at the end of the school year, but what's so annoying is that at A2 we're doing the more interesting topics i.e. weather, volcanoes, earthquakes - everything I'm interested in on geography >
    So don't drop it!

ReputationRep:
    business studies i think, though i've not done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moyosola)
    Oh, just Maths. I presume Biology and Chemistry would be slightly difficult(?) Some of my peers complain a lot so yeah.
    I find biology and chemistry loads easier than maths!
    I found maths alright last year, but I find I don't like it this year. I think it's because the school changed our maths teachers and I liked last years teacher, but not this years. ( also it got harder this year by quite a lot so my c3 mark went down)
    I got:

C1 95
    C2 89
    S1 79

C3 70 ( a big drop from other core modules)

The teacher I had for S1 I didn't like as well. I'm not bothering resitting C3 because I only need AAB for uni and I think I'm pretty much nailed on for A's in bio and chem (hopefully )

How do you find maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsl)
    haha am i the only one that doesn't find business studies boring?!
    NO. I've got you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wor Carroll)
    I find biology and chemistry loads easier than maths!
    I found maths alright last year, but I find I don't like it this year. I think it's because the school changed our maths teachers and I liked last years teacher, but not this years. ( also it got harder this year by quite a lot so my c3 mark went down)
    I got:

C1 95
    C2 89
    S1 79

C3 70 ( a big drop from other core modules)

The teacher I had for S1 I didn't like as well. I'm not bothering resitting C3 because I only need AAB for uni and I think I'm pretty much nailed on for A's in bio and chem (hopefully )

How do you find maths?
    Wow, awesome grades there. *sighs* Maths for me is a drag. I'm doing it for AS and before I started, I thought I could handle it. You know, top set student in years 10 and 11, A grade at GCSE, and then I started it and died.
    My January module, C1, I managed to get an A. C2 proves to be easier actually. And so I'm looking at a possible A/B in August. Statistics is awesome. It looks like an A.
    And then I am dropping it after AS because I don't think I'm able to carry it on at A2 level.
    Your C3 was a big drop. But I'm happy you got good grades earlier. I love it when I 'see' people who excel at Math.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    business studies i think, though i've not done it.
    Ah, I think it's awesome. It's one of those things people describe as a "common sense subject".. and then you have the annoying bits. But all in all, depending on the level of your interest, it's quite an interesting thing. That could be essential sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    economics makes me want to slash my own wrists sometimes.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Dragonfly-)
    Depending on the topics, History can be pretty boring.
    were doing vietnam at the mo and i find it really intresting.... the only subject i can hapily sit through

ReputationRep:
    Business Studies - the content is so mind numbing and crap.
    It may be a soft subject, but I guarantee it's the most challenging subject not to daydream/fall asleep/get distracted in.

ReputationRep:
    From what I heard, Classics is the most boring subject in my college. She compared it to "History of Magic" from Harry Potter, whatever that might mean.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, awesome grades there. *sighs* Maths for me is a drag. I'm doing it for AS and before I started, I thought I could handle it. You know, top set student in years 10 and 11, A grade at GCSE, and then I started it and died.
    My January module, C1, I managed to get an A. C2 proves to be easier actually. And so I'm looking at a possible A/B in August. Statistics is awesome. It looks like an A.
    And then I am dropping it after AS because I don't think I'm able to carry it on at A2 level.
    Your C3 was a big drop. But I'm happy you got good grades earlier. I love it when I 'see' people who excel at Math.
    I wish I had dropped maths, but I'd rather carry on with that than PE. I thought I was going to get an A in stats as I was getting good A's in mocks (around 88), but then the exam was harder than all the mocks and only 1 person out of 15-20 in our class got an A.
    The same kind of thing happened in C3, I was getting between 80-85% in mocks and don't know what happened....ah well!!

BTW stats doesn't get any harder at A2, so if you carry on doing maths you'll probably find it quite easy

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find any of mine boring but really ended up disliking French because there was just 2 of us in the class with 2 teachers, alternative days of the week, and so it was so intense yet I wasn't doing as well as I could have! Both me and the guy doing it got A* at GCSE but B's at A-level. How does that figure with 1-on-1, supposedly good, tuition?!

ReputationRep:
    Biology, out of the ones I do.
    Wish I would have done Further Maths. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I think it's awesome. It's one of those things people describe as a "common sense subject".. and then you have the annoying bits. But all in all, depending on the level of your interest, it's quite an interesting thing. That could be essential sometimes.
    i did maths, further maths physics and geography. I think if i did business i'd have committed suicide. I'm currently looking into random business related jobs and reading bits and pieces on it and it's the dullest thing ever. Solving differential equations is my idea of fun as is physics and nature, so business just doesn't appeal to me

Good for you though someone's gotta like it else it'd not survive as a subject

ReputationRep:
    HAS to be OCR Applied business without a shadow of a doubt

ReputationRep:
    It's just personal preference but I absolutely hate biology, it bores the crap out of me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wor Carroll)
    I wish I had dropped maths, but I'd rather carry on with that than PE. I thought I was going to get an A in stats as I was getting good A's in mocks (around 88), but then the exam was harder than all the mocks and only 1 person out of 15-20 in our class got an A.
    The same kind of thing happened in C3, I was getting between 80-85% in mocks and don't know what happened....ah well!!

BTW stats doesn't get any harder at A2, so if you carry on doing maths you'll probably find it quite easy
    Haha, yeah I know about Statistics being easy with mocks but tough with exams. It's crazy. So I might feel confident about it now but my exams might just shock me. Hopefully not though. Whew.
    Oh, in my school, AS consists of C1, C2 and S1 while A2 consists of C3, C4 and M1 so no Stats for me. I'm struggling at the moment, I would not like to sit through Mechanics. I haven't done my research yet but I presume it would be closely related to Physics? I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i did maths, further maths physics and geography. I think if i did business i'd have committed suicide. I'm currently looking into random business related jobs and reading bits and pieces on it and it's the dullest thing ever. Solving differential equations is my idea of fun as is physics and nature, so business just doesn't appeal to me

Good for you though someone's gotta like it else it'd not survive as a subject
    Lol. It is a bit dull, I admit but eh. I love it still. It's my forte - so might as well do what works to your advantage.
    Oh, I dislike Differentiation and anything Calculus. Ah, Maths is a drag for me.
    But each to their own, I guess

ReputationRep:
    AS Psychology (As I dropped it after Year 12), seemed like we were just memorising facts instead of actually learning about real Psychology. Was a shame really cause I'm really interested in Sigmund Freud's theories etc

ReputationRep:
    Lol, that hit me like a punch with full force. But I think it's either your teacher or the other students. I understand that a subject could seem boring because people don't contribute (especially a discussion-essential subject like English Lit).. or the teacher just doesn't do it right.
    Or is it simply boring just because?
    Tbh I contribute less than anyone else in the class, discussions make my heart race (in a bad way!). But I don't think that's the problem as I never have participated in any class ever. The teachers are pretty **** though, and I have no interest in Victorian literature whatsoever. That's what the entire course is focussed on. :/ In my opinion, studying English tends to take all the enjoyment out of literature.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.