Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i heard general studies is pretty boring too. They asked whether i wanted to do it when i was doing a-levels but i said no (i was and still am lazy). :P.

ReputationRep:
    I found Philosophy and Ethics my most boring subject. The content was interesting but it was badly taught.

ReputationRep:
    I tell you what, Art becomes hellish when you lose interest in it. I dropped it at A2, and kept Maths, Physics and English, because Art was more work than those put together and I began hating it.

ReputationRep:
    woah ! this thread puts me off because it seems like all the alevel subjects are boring lol

ReputationRep:
    Business Studies by a long way!

ReputationRep:
    general studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moyosola)
    Haha, yeah I know about Statistics being easy with mocks but tough with exams. It's crazy. So I might feel confident about it now but my exams might just shock me. Hopefully not though. Whew.
    Oh, in my school, AS consists of C1, C2 and S1 while A2 consists of C3, C4 and M1 so no Stats for me. I'm struggling at the moment, I would not like to sit through Mechanics. I haven't done my research yet but I presume it would be closely related to Physics? I don't know.
    Yeah apparently it is similar to some of physics. People say it's harder than stats, but at my school they always get better results that those who do stats. We didn't have the option of doing M1.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry... Oh my god, I wanted to die every week

ReputationRep:
    I find English Lit pretty boring, but that's mainly due to having to read Great Expectations...

ReputationRep:
    German. But just cause the teacher is sooo dumb...

ReputationRep:
    business studies. definetly. nobody in our class even cares anymore because it's just so dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    Hate biology? Biologys awesome keeps me insane! I would think ICT my friends handed in their coursework this week and 25% of the alevel was 300 pages which took over a year and a half to complete! The other 75% seems mostly the same. Also im not a fan of technology or rather it's not a fan of me.
    you mean it keeps you sane :P

ReputationRep:
    Critical Thinking.
    Die.

ReputationRep:
    ICT without doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabolin)
    you mean it keeps you sane :P
    perhaps at the time i worte that i meant sane but now my misspelling would would be apt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukr-nffc)
    Business Studies by a long way!
    Yep, I vote business. Every single lesson without fail I wanted to slit my wrists, loathed the teacher and dropped it after getting an A at AS

Haha, yeah I know about Statistics being easy with mocks but tough with exams. It's crazy. So I might feel confident about it now but my exams might just shock me. Hopefully not though. Whew.
    Oh, in my school, AS consists of C1, C2 and S1 while A2 consists of C3, C4 and M1 so no Stats for me. I'm struggling at the moment, I would not like to sit through Mechanics. I haven't done my research yet but I presume it would be closely related to Physics? I don't know.
    Mechanics is really hard, because it's completely unlike core maths. The actual maths is easy - it's almost entirely just rearranging algebra, plugging in formulas, a little basic trigonometry and differentiation/integration. Really simple stuff.

The hard bit is deciding what to do. You memorise (this isn't too hard) a ton of formulae and ways of working stuff out, but a mechanics question is highly un-structured. You have to work out what formulae to apply, and realise what route to take to find unknowns from knowns. It's hard logical thinking, not hard maths. More satisfying than core maths when you get the answer though

ReputationRep:
    German-my teacher was a bore.
    Sociology-text book subject and repetitive
    Psychology-LONG
    Politics-Edexcel Unit 2 is so boring.
    HOWEVER,
    English Lang and Lit & Arabic = FUNFUNFUN =D

ReputationRep:
    Economics, not because of the subject but because the teacher is so boring

ReputationRep:
    So don't drop it!
    I would but I have no use for it and I need the other 3 subjects I'm doing for university, especially to leave my options open

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like English Lit. I used to be an avid reader before I took that as an A-level :erm:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.