Turn on thread page Beta

Lincolns Inn Scholarship Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The interviews for Lincoln's Inn Scholarships are starting this week, I thought we should have a thread for anyone to post up their experiences, particularly the legal problem that is posed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_files)
    The interviews for Lincoln's Inn Scholarships are starting this week, I thought we should have a thread for anyone to post up their experiences, particularly the legal problem that is posed.
    What legal problem? I don't think there is one.

ReputationRep:
    "you will be expected to demonstrate legal problems by dealing with questions of law"

Not a problem per se but it would be interesting to know what they ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_files)
    "you will be expected to demonstrate legal problems by dealing with questions of law"

Not a problem per se but it would be interesting to know what they ask.
    Considering that all Lincoln's Inn scholarship interviewees are in competition with each other, I will certainly not be posting an experience which would allow someone to gain an advantage over me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resipsaloq)
    Considering that all Lincoln's Inn scholarship interviewees are in competition with each other, I will certainly not be posting an experience which would allow someone to gain an advantage over me!
    In all my cynicism I was thinking this too! Unfortunately I won't have access to the internet so won't be able to post until the end of the week anyway. Are all of the interviews this week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmaleuk)
    In all my cynicism I was thinking this too! Unfortunately I won't have access to the internet so won't be able to post until the end of the week anyway. Are all of the interviews this week?
    Mine's on Wednesday. All the other people I know who have interviews have them at the beginning of this week.

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to Lincoln's yesterday and they told me they'd be emailing scholarship results on Monday. Gulp.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the update - fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to Lincoln's yesterday and they told me they'd be emailing scholarship results on Monday. Gulp.
    Oh wasn't expecting that! Read an article saying it would be after Easter. Thanks for the update!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard yet? I haven't :s

ReputationRep:
    Nothing yet for me...

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I don't even know which email address they have so I just keep pressing refresh on 3 accounts that refresh themselves! Sometimes not knowing when they're due to make decisions is better!

ReputationRep:
    Some emails seem to have been sent - mine came at 11.30am! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    How did you get on?

ReputationRep:
    Lord Denning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k89g)
    Lord Denning!
    You lucky thing! Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k89g)
    Lord Denning!
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    Me too!
    Congrats to the both of you!

Still awaiting here...

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. First post on this thread. Still waiting. Congrats to those who've heard!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear. Anyone else not got their email yet?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.