Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Man hit himself on the head with a branch, rang my doorbell complaining... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Background: I live in a huge Victorian house that has been converted into flats. There's a small car park out the front with trees lining the outside to act as sound insulation for the road outside.

The doorbell went last night at about 9pm, and there was a man outside saying how he had just hit his head on a branch of a tree that is outside my home but hangs over the pavement.

He was first asking what I was going to do about it.
    I don't know how well you get on with your landlord but it might be a good move to let him/her know. So many people are turning to these litigation shark lawyers these days, that they might appreciate the tipoff and sort out the trees!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CODKING)
    I don't know how well you get on with your landlord but it might be a good move to let him/her know. So many people are turning to these litigation shark lawyers these days, that they might appreciate the tipoff and sort out the trees!
    Yeah, this is a good idea, I've let him know, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It's easily avoidable, it's quite high up (he was fairly tall) and only hangs about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way onto the pavement.
    In that case my original presumption that he must be an idiot is rightly founded.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have told him to **** off and get some spatial awarenesss.

ReputationRep:
    Aha, this reminds me of the time a drunk guy cut himself on the bushes that hang out into the alley behind our house. The first we knew of this was when we heard the CHAINSAW he'd gone home to get and then come back to cut off the branches. We figured 'free gardening' :rolleyes:

Hope the guy comes back with an axe later today?

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to call the police, it's a serious matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumps101)
    Tell him to call the police, it's a serious matter.
    I do hope you aren't being serious!

(Original post by U.S Lecce)
    The woman accross the road from me keeps complaining that my mate parks his car on the pavement outside my house. She says there's not enough room to get her car in and out of the driveway :facepalm2:. THERE'S TWO CAR LENGTHS!!! between my mates car and her driveway. Anyway a few weeks ago she got into an argument with me and my mate about it and threatened to call the police. I just said fine call the police, because i knew we had done nothing wrong. Long story short she did call the police and she got a warning for wasting police time :rofl:. Silly bint!

Just thought i'd share :dontknow:
    Awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, he just put me in a really sticky situation.

Sounds like he should made a tree and leave

(Did I.. Did I get that right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    Sounds like he should made a tree and leave

(Did I.. Did I get that right?)
    That's right and that was totally my next come back! Grr.

I hope the man doesn't come and bark at me again. :gah:

ReputationRep:
    What a silly person. You should have hit him on the head with a big stick.

ReputationRep:
    you should have told him to call the local council to sort it out

ReputationRep:
    The difference is, I wasn't alone
    Say anymore and this will turn into a H&R thread. :yep:

And the tree was clearly the root cause. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    Say anymore and this will turn into a H&R thread. :yep:

And the tree was clearly the root cause. :sad:
    That's true. It's a shame the tree problem has now branched out to me and my landlord

ReputationRep:
    It is the landlord's responsibility to make sure nothing on his property obstructs the highway.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the kind of person who has a bump in his car so he can claim compensayshuun.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: at the title

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.