Turn on thread page Beta

Protective Jealousy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    "everything that is harmful is prohibited". of course it is, just like stoning right? Stoning women for adultery doesn't do any harm.

So if men cant date and neither can women, how do they choose their future partners? How does it protect people?
    Adultery is cheating whilst in marriage. Therefore your wrong

(Original post by Of_the_hook)
    Was he like this before converting?
    Nopee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    I don't understand this, at all.

A woman only gets treated as a sex object, if she wants to be treated as a sex object, some girls choose to sleep around, some don't, just like guys. How are women any more like sex objects than men are?

Oh, and stfu with that mashallah bull****, it's like if I randomly put ancient English into the middle of sentences.
    Any one can speak how they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxiKillxXx)
    Adultery is cheating whilst in marriage. Therefore your wrong
    definitely, adultery is a horrible thing to do, and anyone who commits adultery should be punished but probably not by killing them, that's all. hope you see what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JongKey)
    Not really they only suggest and you choose who you actually want to get to know (well in my family anyway). I guess yeah you could say it is similar to dating but the main difference is that it's not just for a one time fling - it's for a long lasting relationship (marriage) and you don't do anything like kissing and stuff - that's all for after marriage.

My cousin got engaged and they new each other for a bit before but weren't too close and then after the engagement they got to know each other for a year (as in closer and more alone time) and then got married and they practically love each other now haha.
    How utterly soul-destroying to get married to someone you don't love. I really can't bear this 'love grows after marriage' crap - I can't imagine anyone who TRULY dreams of marrying someone that they get along ok with and might end up loving some point down the line. You should marry someone because you can't bear to be apart from them, not because you might start to love them after a few years.

Relationship-wise, I absolutely can't imagine anything worse than standing there getting married to someone who you don't completely love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    Not really, he's being controlling.
    Controlling is if he forcibly makes her stay at home or follows her around. Caring and being controlling are two different things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    How utterly soul-destroying to get married to someone you don't love. I really can't bear this 'love grows after marriage' crap - I can't imagine anyone who TRULY dreams of marrying someone that they get along ok with and might end up loving some point down the line. You should marry someone because you can't bear to be apart from them, not because you might start to love them after a few years.

Relationship-wise, I absolutely can't imagine anything worse than standing there getting married to someone who you don't completely love.
    No no they got to know each other for a year and THAT'S when they fell in love - well they don't say it but you can just tell they do and AFTER that they got married.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.