Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I have very soft, straight hair so it tends to lie extremely flat after washing. However, after exercising or being out all day it tends to look much more natural and less flat. With any products I've tried (putty/gum/gel kinda things) my hair feels sticky or unnatural and it won't just sit.

I know I'm being really vague but can anyone suggest products that will just "mess up" hair a bit without leaving it sticky or forcing it in some direction? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe some hair volumiser spray?

ReputationRep:
    Get your hair thinned out at the hairdressers and blow dry after washing for volume. Maybe ask the stylist which product to use.

ReputationRep:
    Try using less product, if you're using a liquidy type substance, then use around the same size as a penny, like 5p size. It seems too little, but it's all you need.

Also, your hair can get flat after a shower because of the products you use when washing it.. Use shampoo AND conditioner, some guys don't bother with it, but it makes a big difference. And also try blow drying it a bit, not so its completely dry but just so it's not so wet afterwards.. it does help! xDD

Try using TIGI products, they're really good. Or try looking around some shops which have a big variety and try to find volumising shampoo's and conditioners. Superdrug has a good selection x]

Goooooood luck! xD

ReputationRep:
    See-salt spray. Very light and will give you the effect you're after.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just use shampoo and put a very small bit of volume shampoo on. My hair had the same problems of being dad flat after a wash.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, guys. I always use herbal shampoo for my hair. I believe that herbal products are not harmful. It has no side effects.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl, but I too have short, straight, fine hair that doesn't deal with products very well, but I use VO5 clay in small amounts and it doesn't weigh my hair down too much and I can make it messy like you said you wanted yours.

ReputationRep:
    Try "messy look" paste - by Axe or Wella, and blowdry it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.