Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did I have some sort of seizure/fit? watch

Anon or delete please

The other day I woke up in the night after being out with my friends drinking and I had really bad stomach cramps, then after a while my whole body started shaking, it started mostly in my legs but then started to get more violent and then it rose up into my whole body, it lasted for about five minutes before it slowed down, but then my muscles started to ache a little, especially in my legs and back. Inside I was massively panicking but it kind of felt like I felt too dead to feel much panic. Does this sound like a possible mini-fit? I've googled it but I can't seem to find anything specific that I could have had :/

Any help would be much appreciated, nothing like this has happened before :/ thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it was, probably best to cut down on the drinking, might have been a factor in it happening if you never experienced it before.

ReputationRep:
    You were just wasted.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    You were just wasted.
    I wasn't wasted though, I was only a little drunk at best.

ReputationRep:
    Epileptics who suffer from full-body, tonic-clonic seizures (as you have ostensibly described) have absolutely no recollection of any attacks that they happen to have.... so, no, I highly doubt it was a seizure. I speak from experience.

ReputationRep:
    Were you by any chance drinking alcopops or other really sugary drinks?

I don't generally get bad hangovers, but when I've had lots of alcopops I sometimes shake really bad for a few minutes in the morning. Its horrible, really terrifying the first time. Maybe you had something similar?

(Original post by Vohamanah)
    Were you by any chance drinking alcopops or other really sugary drinks?

I don't generally get bad hangovers, but when I've had lots of alcopops I sometimes shake really bad for a few minutes in the morning. Its horrible, really terrifying the first time. Maybe you had something similar?
    Yeah I was having mostly alchopops, I've just googled this and it seems to fit to what I had, thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    woaah, this happened similar to me a couple of months back but I had been drinking a fair bit of vodka neat... friends laid me down and I tried to sleep but my body kept shaking uncontrolably & my arms and legs kept lashing out which I couldn't stop... what was that all about

ReputationRep:
    If you were awake and remember everything then its not a TC seizure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleak Lemming)
    I work on the ambulances and I can tell you now, you did not have a seizure. Sorry if this isn't the answer that you were looking for but there is a significant chance that it was alcohol related. Even if you do say you weren't wasted.
    Whilst I suspect you're right, and liklihood is it was something more akin to a rigor or tremor - I don't see how you can so categorically state it wasn't a seizure, particularly without examining or taking a detailed story.

OP: I would suggest if things have rapidly and completely resolved, and you have had nothing similar before or since I doubt it is much to worry about and related to the drink. Though if you have any concerns make an appointment with your GP to hopefully alleviate any worries

ReputationRep:
    Possibly a panic attack, but I'm no doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j00ni)
    Whilst I suspect you're right, and liklihood is it was something more akin to a rigor or tremor - I don't see how you can so categorically state it wasn't a seizure, particularly without examining or taking a detailed story.

OP: I would suggest if things have rapidly and completely resolved, and you have had nothing similar before or since I doubt it is much to worry about and related to the drink. Though if you have any concerns make an appointment with your GP to hopefully alleviate any worries
    I'd put my house on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Epileptics who suffer from full-body, tonic-clonic seizures (as you have ostensibly described) have absolutely no recollection of any attacks that they happen to have.... so, no, I highly doubt it was a seizure. I speak from experience.

I was just going to pos the same thing, and just like you I also speak from experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Yep... My dad has no clue either... Sometimes gets an aura so he can warn me but either way he's always okay because I'm with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleak Lemming)
    I'd put my house on it.
    It is possible to have an epileptic seizure without losing consciousness, so don't see how you can be so certain

ReputationRep:
    why the neg rep, it is possible

a similar thing has happend to me but didnt get wasted thinking it was a night tremor of some kind not sure though agree with the perosn who worms on amublances not a seizure ...........think he is quite qualifeid ot identify like this after all they work under pressure and have to make decissions on the spot about life/death situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    a similar thing has happend to me but didnt get wasted thinking it was a night tremor of some kind not sure though agree with the perosn who worms on amublances not a seizure ...........think he is quite qualifeid ot identify like this after all they work under pressure and have to make decissions on the spot about life/death situations
    Sounds like a fun night out, although you might get arrested for public indecency. :mmm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.