The Student Room Group

IB English - A1.1 v 1.2

I'm going to take IB next year and right now everyone is contemplating on the decision between IB English A1.1 or A1.2... Basically everyone is basing their decision on their personal sentiments ('Creative writing for A1.2', 'Essay writing/escaping from creative writing for A1.1') and I have no idea on which to choose. Could anyone help?

Unrelated question - exactly how hard is IB English? I've heard some people say that it is extremely difficult (I'm planning to take it as HL next year.) while other people dismiss it as the 'easiest subject in IB, along with the likes of _____, ...'.
IB English A1 HL is an extremely easy course. The exams are very easy to write, you only have to be concerned about a couple of texts for paper two. The only difficulty will be the individual oral commentary-- determining whether you get the 7 or if you reach a 6 instead. The WLs are marked moderately, in my opinion. Master writing clearly and making clear insights and you do well in the course.

I assume by A1.2 you mean A1 HL and A1.1 being A1 SL. But I hope you realize that A1 HL involves essay writing, creative writing and reading slightly harder texts. Just choose based on how much you love English and the probability of studying it and other humanities courses in university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending