The Student Room Group

Cuts hitting women the most..

I am sick of hearing women and left wing politicians going on about how these cuts will affect women the most!

So if these cuts hit men the most, would they all be crying "omg these cuts hit men the most" ? I think not!

We live in a UK now, where it is all about bending over backwards for women!

You have more homeless men than women, and yet I don't hear many people go on about the balance is unfair.

Men and boys, wake up and stand your ground!
Men did not put a man on the moon and climb great mountains so one day their boys will hand over power to women and get screwed over from family courts, to education to divorce!

Scroll to see replies

Calm down dear.
Reply 2
:facepalm:
Why do you care, just focus on yourself lol
Reply 4
Who cares? Someone will always complain.
I don't think I've heard that once.
Reply 6
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

I heard it lots of times.
Just now on the news, Edd Balls just said it,
Reply 7
Why are women getting hit most though?

Cause the food wasn't ready when I got home.
Reply 8
What is bothering me about the current level of political discussion in the tabloid press is that it's become a cuts/no-cuts debate with no actual intelligent discussion about what the issue is.

To the people suggesting that we need quick cuts because the deficit is SOOO worrying, it is easy to point out and prove that cuts are not needed nearly as quickly and that most of the existing level of deficit was inevitable due to the recession.

To the people suggesting that they are anti-cuts, the people above will simply say they are in denial and that "we can't go on like this", "we are in a mess".

Frankly, it's a bit of a **** debate, which misses the point completely.
Reply 9
Actually a charity tried to present a legal case about discrimination against women in the budget and it was thrown out of court. So nothing is going to happen about cuts hitting women the hardest whether we think it's fair or not. No one is "bending over backwards for women", even if lefties and feminists are talking about it.
Reply 10
Original post by Jenii
Actually a charity tried to present a legal case about discrimination against women in the budget and it was thrown out of court. So nothing is going to happen about cuts hitting women the hardest whether we think it's fair or not. No one is "bending over backwards for women", even if lefties and feminists are talking about it.

You would say no one is bending over backwards for women!
You enjoy all the advantages given to you over men!
from houseing/family courts/education/even heath!! they way they go on about breast cancer!! when it is not even the number one killer.

Open your legs and breed and they will give you soical houseing and then you can put your feet up and keep breeding and stay at home.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by NerdBOY1
You would say no one is bending over backwards for women!
You enjoy all the advantages given to you over men!
from houseing/family courts/education/even heath!! they way they go on about breast cancer!! when it is not even the number one killer.

Open your legs and breed and they will give you soical houseing and then you can put your feet up and keep breading and stay at home.

But in actuality cuts are going to hit women the hardest. So women are bearing the brunt of the cuts and you're saying society is always bending over backwards for women? That argument doesn't really make sense.

Even health? Pretty sure spending on breast cancer is matched by spending on treating prostate cancer. Women probably have a bit more spent on them over a lifetime because often they do go into hospital to give birth...but I guess you'd prefer if they did it at home on their own time and half of them died due to infection.

Tbh, as a female who has never used social housing, attends one of the countries best universities where there's a majority of male students and staff (Oxford), and has never been through the family courts I personally have not seen society "bending over backwards" for women.

I agree that fathers should have more rights...if men want to have joint custody of their kids then absolutely, as long as they are a good parent, then they should be entitled to it. In some areas society women have more advantages, and in other areas males are clearly more advantaged (look at pay gaps, the gender imbalance in executive positions etc etc.).

By conflating all these issues in one big ranty thread any serious point you want to make about discrimination against men has been lost.
Reply 12
Original post by Jenii
But in actuality cuts are going to hit women the hardest. So women are bearing the brunt of the cuts and you're saying society is always bending over backwards for women? That argument doesn't really make sense.

Even health? Pretty sure spending on breast cancer is matched by spending on treating prostate cancer. Women probably have a bit more spent on them over a lifetime because often they do go into hospital to give birth...but I guess you'd prefer if they did it at home on their own time and half of them died due to infection.

Tbh, as a female who has never used social housing, attends one of the countries best universities where there's a majority of male students and staff (Oxford), and has never been through the family courts I personally have not seen society "bending over backwards" for women.

I agree that fathers should have more rights...if men want to have joint custody of their kids then absolutely, as long as they are a good parent, then they should be entitled to it. In some areas society women have more advantages, and in other areas males are clearly more advantaged (look at pay gaps, the gender imbalance in executive positions etc etc.).

By conflating all these issues in one big ranty thread any serious point you want to make about discrimination against men has been lost.

So what if it hits women the most!! So if it hit men the most what would you say?

Pay gap? men worker longer hours and make more money for the company! GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

Women get more out of the system than they put in!!!!!!! get your facts right!

typical of a women, you don't understand reason and fair play!

"Pretty sure spending on breast cancer is matched by spending on treating prostate cancer " NO IT IS NOT....GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT WOMEN!
(edited 13 years ago)
they way they go on about breast cancer!! when it is not even the number one killer.

Just wondering, did you know that men can get breast cancer too?
Reply 14
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

Ed Balls has just been on the TV saying his wife and Harriet Harm-man Harman are marching because of exactly what the OP is saying. Frankly I don't blame the OP for pointing out a double standard and the fairly patronising attitude towards women, especially by the aforementioned politicians. Spending in health for women, particularly in breast cancer treatment, far outnumbers spending for men. The first few responses consisting of "lol who cares" and "so what, look after yourself" frankly do well to highlight the OP's point.
(edited 13 years ago)
One thing I've noticed in life is men who complain about women getting everything all their way, are nearly always life's losers.
Reply 16
Original post by Persephone9
Just wondering, did you know that men can get breast cancer too?

Yes love I did!

but Cancer is now only highlighted when it is breast cancer!
The new hip thing, dressing up in pink and raising money and ignoring all other forms of cancer.
They have been cases where women would join a cancer event and over run it and change it to a breast cancer event
Reply 17
Original post by MagicNMedicine
One thing I've noticed in life is men who complain about women getting everything all their way, are nearly always life's losers.

Wait 20 years and when you get divorced and taken to the cleaners you will cry like a little bitch!
Its not going to hit women the worst in any way whatsoever! If its a family, its going to affect both the man and the woman as they'd need to alter their spending and budget more wisely. It will affect single mothers and fathers in the same way. Okay, there are more single mothers but thats just part of life in todays world. If anything, this is Labours attempt at getting the feminists onside.

If anything it will be more men. The prices of fuel have been slashed by 1p (supposedly) even though they have risen significantly for a long period. If a man puts in 100 litres a week for work then he is saving £1. Wow, big deal! My wallet is so much better off now. A mars bar and a can of coke without breaking into another £1, go me!

Seriously, enlighten me to how this will affect women the most? They said the same thing about the increased tuition fees taking longer for women to pay off after graduation because of sexism in the work place and the fact that women of equal job status still get paid less than men.

Okay, there are going to be job losses in the private sector, but look how many job losses over the last year there have been within the construction industry. No one bats an eyelid do they? The construction industry has been struggling massively which has led to men being out of work, sub contractors struggling to scrape money together to provide for their families and so on.

Did men go mad then? Did men try and take the government to court due to all the job losses within the construction industry? No.

Again, this is just a pathetic attempt by Labour to hype the issue up and as someone has already stated, this hasn't even been an intellectual debate with proper arguments, its been petty squabbling and even Ed Miliband himself has joined the anti-cuts crusade, even though he himself admitted Labour would have had to make cuts as well. Its clearly just any attempt by him and his party to cause problems.
Yes love I did!

but Cancer is now only highlighted when it is breast cancer!
The new hip thing, dressing up in pink and raising money and ignoring all other forms of cancer.

One of the most publicised events to raise money for cancer research is race for life, which is run by Cancer Research UK. They research all types of cancers, not just breast.

Breast may be at the forefront of peoples minds because, as the most common cancer, people are more likely to have known someone with it than another cancer, and so think of that cancer specifically when they choose to fundraise.

They have been cases where women would join a cancer event and over run it and change it to a breast cancer event

And when has this happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending