Turn on thread page Beta

Graduate entry medicine - transcript watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Apologies again if this has been covered but I couldn't find anything on search or the medicine articles on here, except in regards to Keele.

Do all the unis' that offer 4 year courses request a transcript of your degree module results or do they just ask for the final classification?

I didn't meet attendance requirements for a second year module due to prolonged, doctor certified illness and the university really wanted me to take a years' leave of absence. I didn't do this so as a result I had to sit a summer re-sit exam (despite achieving 2.1 and 1sts in all my essays/exams for that module) to which I was only allowed to achieve a maximum of a pass (40!)

The rest of my transcript is high 2.1's and 1sts but I'm scared that this indiscrepancy will look really bad. If I need to my tutor says he will write me a letter explaining that this result was due to regulations rather than poor academic achievement.

So if anyone knows if any/all ask for transcripts I'd appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    As long as you got a 2:1, they will not care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateb566)
    Apologies again if this has been covered but I couldn't find anything on search or the medicine articles on here, except in regards to Keele.

Do all the unis' that offer 4 year courses request a transcript of your degree module results or do they just ask for the final classification?

I didn't meet attendance requirements for a second year module due to prolonged, doctor certified illness and the university really wanted me to take a years' leave of absence. I didn't do this so as a result I had to sit a summer re-sit exam (despite achieving 2.1 and 1sts in all my essays/exams for that module) to which I was only allowed to achieve a maximum of a pass (40!)

The rest of my transcript is high 2.1's and 1sts but I'm scared that this indiscrepancy will look really bad. If I need to my tutor says he will write me a letter explaining that this result was due to regulations rather than poor academic achievement.

So if anyone knows if any/all ask for transcripts I'd appreciate it
    The best thing, IMO, would be to ask your tutor to mention your illness in their UCAS reference. Assuming they're the ones doing it!

I was worried about my degree transcript -1st year barely scraped 2.2s, 2nd year low 2.1s then managed to up it all to a 1st in my 3rd year - due to very serious illness in my first year. I briefly mentioned it in my PS and everything was fine, I got 3 out of 4 interviews and no one mentioned my slightly shoddy marks.

You can dress it up as well and make your marks seem like a triumph through adversity!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.