Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I know this is going to sound very far-fetched but does anybody here think there's any chance at all of me being able to enter myself for gcse maths?
    I've read a bit and some sources say that they may be prepared to let you if you're willing to pay an extra fee.

Any feedback would be great please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAZ2K)
    Okay, I know this is going to sound very far-fetched but does anybody here think there's any chance at all of me being able to enter myself for gcse maths?
    I've read a bit and some sources say that they may be prepared to let you if you're willing to pay an extra fee.

Any feedback would be great please.
    Thousands of people enter privately for GCSE and A level exams every year. Since there is no coursework, maths is one of the most straightforward to do.
    So why would it sound very far fetched?

Any school or college can accept candidates who want to sit exams privately, not all of them are willing to deal with the admin hassle of doing it. Phone and speak to their exams officer and ask... You may find it's too late for some to accept you for summer 2011 as they have already done their entries, some may be willing to do it but charge higher entry fees.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.