Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: University of Ulster, Magee College
    Whats the name of your hall: Duncreggan Phase 2 (the new ones lol)
    How much it costs per week: £60 per week
    Why is it so good/bad: Room is huge, double bed, swish en suite wet room thingy, always baking hot. Bad points...nice view of gas tanks round the back, kitchen could do with another fridge and cooker.
    Out of 10 how bad is it: 2 - almost perfect :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    + a thin mattress

ReputationRep:
    lol this is true! Although interestingly it's only one side of the matress....

ReputationRep:
    can i suggest being a naughty focker on the other side then

ReputationRep:
    lol.....doesn't allow much room for fun though does it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    lol.....doesn't allow much room for fun though does it
    do it in the corridoor then

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: salford

Whats the name of your hall: eddie coleman court

How much it costs per week: £70 something its £2,900and summat a year for a sept-sept contract (only for nursing students though)

Why is it so good/bad: its ok, flatmates are nice, but theres no communal lounge or owt, just 3 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom. cleaners never do any cleaning. plus we're right by a police station which is good cos of the fit coppers, and bad cos of the sirens at night

Out of 10 how bad is it: 7/10

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Kent (Canterbury)
    Whats the name of your hall: Kemsdale Court, Park Wood (student village 1 mile from main campus)
    How much it costs per week: MILLIONZ well probably about £120
    Why is it so good/bad: Self catered so I can eat whever I want, big kitchen with all mod cons (though we had to provide our own toaster), en suite (though it's a wet room and gets very dirty, eurgh) plus only share with 5 people so it's quiet and cosy. Oh yeah, and it's brand new!!!
    Out of 10 how bad is it: 2 (wet room, room isn't that big and Ikea kitchen stuff keeps falling apart. Also is too far from main campus).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makeshiftwings)
    What Uni your at: Kent (Canterbury)
    Whats the name of your hall: Kemsdale Court, Park Wood (student village 1 mile from main campus)
    How much it costs per week: MILLIONZ well probably about £120
    Why is it so good/bad: Self catered so I can eat whever I want, big kitchen with all mod cons (though we had to provide our own toaster), en suite (though it's a wet room and gets very dirty, eurgh) plus only share with 5 people so it's quiet and cosy. Oh yeah, and it's brand new!!!
    Out of 10 how bad is it: 2 (wet room, room isn't that big and Ikea kitchen stuff keeps falling apart. Also is too far from main campus).
    £120 per week SELF-CATERED????? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    This should all be on TSR WIki: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Universities

(pictures and all)
    Yeah it should would their be away to merge my thread with the pic thread as their pretty much the same thing?
    It would be easier for prospective students. That way someone who has alot of time on their hands can refer to this thread and put it in Wiki.

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Teesside

Whats the name of your hall: Parkside flats

How much it costs per week: £55

Why is it so good/bad: its big, theres room for all my junk (which is alot) the bed is SOOOOOOO comfy... unlike my bed at home... and its nice and warm when you come in from the cold. unfortunatly we dont have a sofa so we have to sit on hard chairs in the kitchen to talk and the doors are a bizzare colour... we call it prison pink... coz its not brown or pink or purple or any colour... have a view of the park! thats nice... especially for middlesbrough. would be nicer if everything wasnt funny colours... and we had a sofa

Out of 10 how bad is it: 2

(1 = awesome), (10 = I wouldn't let a rat urinate in my room)

ReputationRep:
    More pictures please
    Edit: Never mind, just found the picture thread. I'm so blind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    £120 per week SELF-CATERED????? :eek:
    Well probably not, I can't quite remember! But I recall it being pretty high. It's the most expensive at Kent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makeshiftwings)
    Well probably not, I can't quite remember! But I recall it being pretty high. It's the most expensive at Kent.
    Put it this way: Exeter is a very posh university. The poshest, newest catered halls at Exeter (with double bed, ensuite, balcony and all meals provided) is £130 per week. If you're genuinely paying £120 per week for self-catered accomodation, you're being ripped off spectacularly.

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Oxford
    Whats the name of your hall: Exeter
    How much it costs per week: £120
    Why is it so good/bad: Very central location, 5 minute walk to lecture, 50m to the bar...
    Out of 10 how bad is it: 1 - its f**king amazing

Also - the picture...look at the view I get!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Kingston(until Tuesday when I leave...)
    Whats the name of your hall: Seething Wells
    How much it costs per week:£91.75
    Why is it so good/bad:Good=The room is OK,there is some greenery,it's just around the corner from Blockbuster/Sainsbury's/the train station/gym etc.
    Bad=people are inconsiderate,it's miles away from the campus my course is on,in fact,miles away from anything bar the listed above,the uni bus service is sh*t,the bathroom is like an airplane toilet,it's cold etc.etc.etc.

Out of 10 how bad is it: 6/10.

ReputationRep:
    right... seeing as your all in halls that cost LOADS... are you paying for them yourself or does mummy and daddy pay for it?! lol
    im unfortunate in the sense that my daddy is a rotter who i never see and my mother doesnt have enough money to pay my accommodation but mine is only £55 a week and i STILL find im skint...

so... how do you pay for it?

ReputationRep:
    Hooray for student loan The loan covers the accommodation, and some of the fees, and my parents are covering the rest.

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Oxford

How much it costs per week: ~£100

Why is it so good/bad: Fairytale room - in an 18thC building, with huge huge windows on 2 sides, complete with window seats; double height ceiling - so makes it feel even bigger; wooden panelling & quirky double doored entrance & shared 'vestibule'; pretty fireplace - handy for fairy lights; oodles of furniture - lounging on sofa feels so much more productive than being in bed & the most amazing views of a deer park/woodland or spires of oxford & incredibly thick walls - no disturbances.
    + location is fab - plenty of friends in the same building & near the centre of town.

Out of 10 how bad is it: 2 - i :love: my room! shame about the bizaare showers though & it is a workout climbing the stairs..

(paid for by my loan.. good thing our terms are short! :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrychocolate)
    What Uni your at: Kingston(until Tuesday when I leave...)
    Whats the name of your hall: Seething Wells
    How much it costs per week:£91.75
    Why is it so good/bad:Good=The room is OK,there is some greenery,it's just around the corner from Blockbuster/Sainsbury's/the train station/gym etc.
    Bad=people are inconsiderate,it's miles away from the campus my course is on,in fact,miles away from anything bar the listed above,the uni bus service is sh*t,the bathroom is like an airplane toilet,it's cold etc.etc.etc.

Out of 10 how bad is it: 6/10.
    Why are you leaving kingston

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.