(Original post by tvfanatic)
    Why are you leaving kingston
    I PM-ed you.

ReputationRep:
    wow that oxford room sounds great.
    What Uni your at: Bristol
    Whats the name of your hall: Durdham hall
    How much it costs per week: 73
    Why is it so good/bad: good- nice big rooms, comfiest bed anyone has ever slept in, ensuite with good shower, very thick walls so noise isnt a problem, warm, huge kitchen, good for parties. nice full length mirror and plenty of plugs
    bad- Quite quiet cus everyone tends to keep to flats cus of the nice kitchen, bar a little quiet and the air hockey has broken no tv arial points in rooms, just in kitchen so signal in rooms is non existant almost, and the last....the bed is so comfy you cant get up!
    Out of 10 how bad is it: id give it 9/10 it is very nice for uni accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    The accommodation in new this year, I don't know how much it is since, yes, I do NOT pay for it - my grandparents do, like they paid for my cousins before me.
    My friend informs me that it's probably not that much, but I do pay a grand and a half more than him a year, and it's the newest and nicest accommodation in the university. Catered people here only get half of breakfast free, no lunch and they have to pay for dinner.

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Sussex

Whats the name of your hall: East Slope

How much it costs per week: ~£60

Why is it so good/bad: It's good because I live with 12 people who are cool, it's close to the bar, it's the cheapest accomodation on campus and it's right next to the bus stop. It's not as bad as you'd expect at all - nothing's really falling apart and while it doesn't look lovely, it's all fairly functional. The showers are rather painful though.

Out of 10 how bad is it: 3, maybe...

ReputationRep:
    Cool would you say accomadation outside london is much bigger and worth the money ?

ReputationRep:
    It's probably not bigger in general, but it's undoubtedly cheaper for what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Mines really nice, Ill try to get a pic. Its modern, view out to a courtyard. I pay about £100 a week though. Ensuite but self catered (which is what I want anyway). The only thing I miss is having a bath. I rate it 2.

My friend at Exeter has a balcony...they sound lovely...expensive though. The double bed would come in handy though! Although I doubt I would be up for lectures haha.

--------------

it was built this year though...so it probably wont be so nice next yr!

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: University of York
    Whats the name of your hall: Goodricke, C Block (better known as 'Cell Block C')
    How much it costs per week: £63 I think
    Why is it so good/bad: Painted breeze blocks for walls, showers leak, the roof leaks in 2 people's rooms and the kitchen when it rains, the fridges don't work properly, the kitchen's too small, one cooker between 17 of us, ducks at 6 am and crappy neighbours playing music at 3am. On the other hand, I've got a great view of the lake.
    Out of 10 how bad is it: 10 being the worst? I'll give it an 8

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: birminghan: chamberlain
    How much it costs per week: no idea. £4000+ for year, includes meal plan
    Why is it so good/bad: great social life, wonderful views, close to uni and all other halls. cleaner monday to friday
    BUT bit of a **** hole, 1 shower between 18 people, broken bed, maintainence hardly ever come for complaints, no internet connection, cant get TV receptio. freezer broken, 1 tiolet always broken lol i know it soounds **** but it is a wicked place to stay.
    Out of 10 how bad is it: 10 being the worst? 4.5

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Leeds
    Whats the name of your hall: Clarence Dock
    How much it costs per week:£75 Self Catered
    Why is it so good/bad: Good: The room is lovely, nice size, en suite (a bit grotty though) nice surroundings, very secure with electonic swipe gates etc big shared kitchen, comfy bed yay!.. Bad: Lots of stuff has broke in the communal areas like the hoover, the taps, the fridge but I think thats because people who were here before abused them!! Also it is a 45 min walk away from uni but only 10 mins from the city centre/train station so I like that as the walk to uni is good exercise and its along the lovely canal side
    Out of 10 how bad is it: if 1 is good then 2 if 10 is good then 8/9!!

(the first 3 pics are of my room, the other is the riverside walk view!!)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Savage Noodles)
    What Uni your at: Leeds
    Whats the name of your hall: Clarence Dock
    How much it costs per week:£75 Self Catered
    Why is it so good/bad: Good: The room is lovely, nice size, en suite (a bit grotty though) nice surroundings, very secure with electonic swipe gates etc big shared kitchen, comfy bed yay!.. Bad: Lots of stuff has broke in the communal areas like the hoover, the taps, the fridge but I think thats because people who were here before abused them!! Also it is a 45 min walk away from uni but only 10 mins from the city centre/train station so I like that as the walk to uni is good exercise and its along the lovely canal side
    Out of 10 how bad is it: if 1 is good then 2 if 10 is good then 8/9!!

(the first 3 pics are of my room, the other is the riverside walk view!!)
    your bedroom is cute!

ReputationRep:
    Ta I tried to make it super homely those pics actually really old its even crazier now!!

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Southampton
    Whats the name of your hall: Montifiore 2
    How much it costs per week:£60-70 wk Self Catered.
    Why is it so good/bad: Good: Nice Enhanced room with basin and great view of trees. Nice flat sharing with 7 people.. Lovely People , good size kitchen and two toilets, 1 shower. Cleaners regularly.
    Bad: Takes Ageees to get anything fixed! (Broken window for 2+ weeks ad cuboards for month), Cleaners steal your plates and fine you (Gaah ok well Only if there are too many.) Top floor flat.. 3 Flights of steps yeay!
    Out of 10 how bad is it: Overall Maybe a 3. I love it really.

ReputationRep:
    What Uni your at: Manchester
    Whats the name of your hall: Weston Hall
    How much it costs per week: Erm, to the nearest pound, £99.
    Why is it so good/bad: En-suite to every room, nice big lounge and kitchen, flats arranged in nice social sizes, cleaners every week.
    Bad: Make sure you're in a flat which has been recently refurbished. I pay the same rent as those who are, and their communual areas are of a far higher standard. Also, five flights of stairs. Brr.
    Out of 10 how bad is it: 7

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.