Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

POLL: Are you planning on being a 'friendly' parent or more 'formal' parent?? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: So...
    Formal (explain why)
    42.86%
    Friendly (explain why)
    57.14%

ReputationRep:
    What type of parent are you planning on being and why? Here is my opinion.... what is yours?

If you are a friendly parent then you are 10 times more likely to know what is actually going on in your child's life but you can't get angry with them or punish them otherwise you will lose that trust. You will be able to help them out with any problems more than a formal parent because they are more likely to tell you and you will have a truer picture of who they really are but they are more likely to be less driven and if you don't care when they do 'bad' things then perhaps they won't care either.

If you are a more 'formal' parent then your child probably won't tell you much about themselves or their life but they will probably want to do better at school and keep out of trouble firstly, not to disappoint you but then more so they don't disappoint themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Same post twice.

Fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperiorHuman)
    Same post twice.

Fail.
    I forgot to do the poll in the first one.

neither, why must i pick from one extreme or the other?

but generally i would be nice, but no nonsense

so i would not tolerate them being rude or imploite with punishments, but when good i would just be really relaxed

ReputationRep:
    Any more answers?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you 'plan' on being a formal or 'friendly' parent? Surely you would just be yourself and use your own initiative on how to react to every situation? You are talking as if we are robots that have to activate one of the two modes when becoming a parent. Stupid thread.

ReputationRep:
    Strike a happy medium.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.