Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody help put me on the right path for student finance. I have been offered a place on Adult Nursing Course, have gone to apply for the Bursary and that web page says don't apply until a registration number comes through, had an email from the university now to say start applying for student finance ie Student Loan. I don't know where to start!
    Thanks!
    Mel

ReputationRep:
    The NHS grants unit will contact you and tell you when to apply for your NHS bursary. You cant apply for this yet.

You can apply for your reduced rate student loan now though - log on to www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance and when you get to the question about 'are you going to receive an nhs bursary with reference to your income' you should tick yes and it is a quicker process.

To get all the money you are entitled to you need to do the two processes - the NHS and the student loan. Obvioulsy you dont havee to have the loan if you dont want it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melc23)
    Can anybody help put me on the right path for student finance. I have been offered a place on Adult Nursing Course, have gone to apply for the Bursary and that web page says don't apply until a registration number comes through, had an email from the university now to say start applying for student finance ie Student Loan. I don't know where to start!
    Thanks!
    Mel
    Depends on whether it's the degree or diploma. As a degree applicant I've applied for the SLC Maint. Loan (£2324) and will apply for the NHS means tested bursary. I'm waiting for my Firm choice to notify the NHSBSA that I'll be going and then they'll send me my ref. number so that I can apply. Will also get my TFee paid by NHS.
    For the diploma you can get a non means tested bursary of about £6700 and also get your TFees paid but nothing from the SLC.
    The NHS bursary normally starts to get paid into your account about 2 weeks into your course.

You might find this link useful?
    http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/3254.aspx

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.