Turn on thread page Beta

If a 20 year old guy can't drive do you think that is weird? watch

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't think it was bad at all if someone couldn't drive at 20.

Learning is expensive. Also, I imagine a lot of people (like me) learn to drive on one of their parents cars. If you're away at uni most of the time and can't get much practice in it will take a while. I was 23 when I passed.

ReputationRep:
    this is what air-ninety-one thinks of us all

'worthless peasant... only someone of your families poor wealth would be angry. haha don't worry when your daughter come to clean my car, i'll pay her atleast minimum wage to keep you happy. goodbye forever... and i win, as i always have... and lol a the fact that im driving the same car as your dad. i'm sure he's a pathetic person. and now i've blocked you... xx

this is gonna get worse for you... my dad can buy out your whole family 10 times over with enough to still mkae him a billionaire. your a dumbass peasant... no time for you left.

LOL 100k is nothing! you can buy a car for that much. thats middle class dickweed and im 19 and drive a ****ing bmw m3... my dad has a bentley and my mum has a range rover... we live in south kensington and i went to a private school.... i consider our family upper middle/ wealthy class. we live in a £14'000'000 townhouse and my dad pays £83'000 per month mortgage. LOL'

apparently, we're all poor and going to be working for him the idiot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If there is a 20 year old guy and he cannot drive yet do you think that is weird and childish?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all! I'm 22 and passed in January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    This. Considering that it is hard enough to have your own roof these days having your own wheels is a bit of a luxury.

This to.

I myself prefer to live in town and walk, though as soon as my finances are a bit more free, I know exactly what car I'm getting.

Until then I'll just have to languish with the convenience of having everything so close and having fit nice legs from walking.

God forbid..
    judging by those comments you seem like a very sensible person when it comes to finances

ReputationRep:
    No it's not weird :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Nahh...

ReputationRep:
    My mum didn't learn how to drive until her mid-thirties for the same reasons as you. Looking after kids kinda put everything on hold for a bit I think, so she didn't learn until after my sister was born. So no, I wouldn't say it was weird or childish, even for a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I should have started at 17 when the price of petrol is cheaper etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    The only people bothered by twenty year old men not driving are gold-digging *****ez.
    Lol, this.

I'm 20 and I can't drive. Can't afford the lessons yet No-one cares, loads of people I know around 20 or higher can't drive either.

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost 20 and I can't drive, I did have a few lessons but I went away on holiday half way through and when I got back I never rebooked.

On the last lesson there was once incident where I was going over a roundabout and I had changed into 2nd gear, but the driving instructor had it in his mind that I hadn't changed gear, so he held the clutch down on his side and yelled that I should change gear but I had and I couldn't accelerate because he had the clutch down, eventually I yelled back that I had and he released the clutch but then the car jerked because he released it so suddenly and I ended up stalling in the panic, there were cars behind me beeping their horns, a few overtook me and one of them gave me the hackiest look... That put me off driving for now!

Nonetheless I'm now at Uni in Glasgow so there's no need for a car at all! I'll learn to drive in the future though depending on where I live after Uni.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't. Seriously, you don't need to drive to survive in today's world, you can hop on public transport and go. In addition, not driving doesn't mean you are short of other abilities.

ReputationRep:
    There are a load of celebrities who can't drive and they have chauffeurs instead. Just get rich, get someone to drive you around and no one will say anything :P
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, and anyone that thinks it is is a fool.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, especially if he is a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, I'm 20 in July and can't drive - can't afford it and am not considered medically fit to anyway! So I rely on hugely overpriced buses and taxis.. My mum can't drive either as she takes fits, so I'm used to relying on public transport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teao the Cat)
    I'm 22, and I don't... I'm finding more and more people who don't, too.

I imagine buses are quite packed these days.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn'tsay it was "weird", it seems quite common actually. But I do think they're missing out on a great deal of convenience (assuming they can afford to drive, and don't live in London).

ReputationRep:
    It's not particularly important, people generally know people's circumstances and expect them to go with the "flow". Only dead fish go with the flow. .. pardon the pun haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    I imagine buses are quite packed these days.
    Umm, no more than five years ago...

A very odd comment to make...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.