Turn on thread page Beta

If a 20 year old guy can't drive do you think that is weird? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I couldn't afford to learn to drive till I was 19 and didn't pass my test untill just before I turned 20. So not too long ago, I know how you feel I was the only one of y male friends who didn't drive but I just didn't let it bther me, I just couldn't afford it. My boyfriend who is 28 doesn't drive and probably never will and it dosn't affect his life in the slightest, he says 'I don't miss something I never had'. If it really bothers you that much, do something about it like I did but I do think it sn't something you or anyone should judge yourself by.

ReputationRep:
    no, people may assume you just don't want to because of the green agenda

Its just circumstances sometimes, nothing weird about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    The only people bothered by twenty year old men not driving are gold-digging *****ez.
    True dat. Shame I drive though

ReputationRep:
    Most people I know learned to drive once they left uni (21/22 year old). The only people that I know that learned to drive earlier than say, 20, are those who live outside London/Greater London area, due to transport issues.

ReputationRep:
    No my boyfriend doesn't drive and he's 21.
    He has a motorbike though which he prefers than driving.

ReputationRep:
    I can't drive either and I'm 21. Most of my friends do have a licence, but I don't see the appeal in paying a fortune for the lessons, then paying a fortune to buy a car, then paying a fortune for petrol, parking, costs, etc etc... It's just a constant outflow of money which I don't have. I'll stick with walking and the bus for the time being.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think so, but i think its a plus with the ladies And my job/life demands i drive so get it done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by March for truth)
    people who drive cars are environmental terrorists
    And this is coming from someone who wouldn't dare walk 100 miles but would take a car, coach or bus. Let's see you walk all that way instead of taking a vehicle and then you can run your mouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fambo786)
    To be honest, for guys, insurance has crazily high premiums, at younger ages, compared to girls, so at 20, i'm sure there are many guys wont be driving due to financial reasons, there's nothing weird about it, its perfectly understandable
    Actually, the EU court reached a verdict this month that not having the same premiums is gender discrimination in Europe, so girls will have to pay the same premiums.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm 27 and don't. Even if I did, I couldn't afford a car.
    Seriously, it doesn't matter, there are way more important things in life.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you should learn at 17 like everybody else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.