Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Masturbation - Will it impact my relationship? watch

Announcements

Anon please

This is just something that worrys me a little, I am one of those people who hate to be reliant on others, I dont like feeling dependant... it makes me feel vulnerable.

However, I have always tried to refrain from getting sexual kicks by myself.... obviously I do sometimes but its something Ive tried to keep as a part of relationships as I often draw away from who Im with.

Now Im in a mediumly LDR and whilst I love my boyfriend, I sometimes struggle to see the point, sometimes dont want him around (or rather, I dont want to want him)
    Discussion arose with friends about gettinga vibrator and Im tempted, its sort of not fair that I dont get any fun, just because hes so far away... I guess Im just worried that in doing so, I will be even more free from him...

I have some really good female friends who are understanding and lovely and we communicate really well, I have some friends I share with by boyfriend, many I dont, if I can get sexual pleasure without him too, will we have anything unique to US left?

It seems a stupid question and I know masturbation isnt the main issue here, its just that half of me thinks "damn! I have every right to fun!!!" and the other half says "your just giving yourself more fuel to tricking yourself to believing you dont need him"....

Thoughts?

bump

ReputationRep:
    Buy a rampant rabbit from Ann summers there great!! Your bf can use it on you when your together too. It's money well spent IMO

ReputationRep:
    Go find the biggest vibrator you can and maybe we'll hear from you next week. Your relationship should be able to stand up to more than this, otherwise its probably not going to work, so you may aswll enjoy yourself whilst finding out

(Original post by jonski)
    Go find the biggest vibrator you can and maybe we'll hear from you next week. Your relationship should be able to stand up to more than this, otherwise its probably not going to work, so you may aswll enjoy yourself whilst finding out
    Mmm... I think you have a point there.... thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.