Turn on thread page Beta

Why do bees suddenly appear? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just like that, with no doors or windows open, and a bee will start flying around the room. It's been like this not just where I currently live, but before as well?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure they aren't wasps? You may have a wasps nest in your rafters/roof space. This happened to my family, we had to get a council pest remover to deal with it.

If not...I have no answer...maybe you're just incredibly sexy to bees.

ReputationRep:
    Why do bees suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me they long to be
    Close to you.

(The Carpenters - first draft of Close to you. Allegedly.)

ReputationRep:
    What is up with those fat bees that can only fly for a bit and then fall to the ground? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    Why do bees suddenly appear
    Every time you are near?
    Just like me they long to be
    Close to you.

(The Carpenters - first draft of Close to you. Allegedly.)
    Damn you beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    I have more of a wasp problem. I left my window open the other day and one made its way into my room and did the chracteristic "I'll try and get out by flying into the window over and over again" that is often observed in most flying insects. I ended up unleashing my tennis racket on its ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    What is up with those fat bees that can only fly for a bit and then fall to the ground? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

You mean a bumble bee?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it came down the chimney?

We had pidgeon flying around our house once; all the doors/windows were shut so we're pretty sure that came down the chimney. It pooed everywhere was a right mess to clean up.

For flying bugs I would recommend a venus fly trap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)

You mean a bumble bee?

Yep. That's the one. I keep seeing them on the pavement lately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    They are actually the bees of a little known yet vast complex of caves on an archipelago near Africa. They apparently came across via a scientist, however, the official story was quickly scrutinised when they realised the bees were to smart for capture. Instead, seeing as rising ocean levels due to climate change and global warming was ruining the caves, they hid in a boy's suitcase. Upon return to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, they quickly pierced through the fabric of the suitcase (thanks to the fact unlike some bees, they do not have a barbed sting, and are therefore like wasps in the ability to sting and not die soon thereafter) and spread to the rooftops of buildings. The climate didn't suit them here and they had to eat more, thus increasing their weight. They are attracted to barbecues as it somewhat resembles the intense heat of Africa. However, they unwittingly fall into their demise as they breathe in the smoke, with the compound 2,6,3,8 trimethylocto-pentane, found in most bottles of starting liquid for barbecues, as this compound attacks the inside of the bee, eating it's flesh from the inside out.

ReputationRep:
    guess they're hatching out for the summer but it's a bit cold for them to function properly yet.

anyway don't call them fat - they're very sensitive about that.

ReputationRep:
    'why do bees suddenly appear, everytime...we are near'

ReputationRep:
    cos they're evil mother****ers that make me scream like a little girl.

ReputationRep:
    Don't chu mean:

Why do birds suddenly appear...

ReputationRep:
    I did mean that yes...but the song came into my head when I read this post and had to put bees

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.