Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Analyse your bedroom! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .meh.)
    Reminds me of something else :sexface:
    A vajazzle?

ReputationRep:
    Untidy, lots of papers on the table, lots of books, lots of photos and shoes.

ReputationRep:
    My room is red, creme and brown (curtains, bedding, walls etc). I have 3 different pulp fiction posters/prints, I also have a large banksy canvas. Art supplies and work in every corner, a bookshelp filled with Terry Pratchett and another filled with random fantasy novels and movies.

On the bed my laptop is a permenant fixture and I have 4 pillows arranged like a chair, this is where I spend most of my time when Im in my room. I have a desk with a desktop PC that is never turned off, the desk is covered in drawings, scratches and paint.

Also a decent amount of smoking paraphinalia. 2 Joints on the side and a bag of weed along with 2 50g golden virginia packs and tons of rizla (big and small), a full ashtray and lots of empty coca cola bottles.

I guess im just an art student who likes terry pratchett, coke and pulp fiction?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the most notable thing is books. I have two big sets of bookshelves, plus books running all along my windowsill and piled up on my desk. I also have postcards of children's book covers on the wall, so I guess people would assume I like to read! LOADS of sentimental stuff on and above my desk but I think that's pretty typical for girls.

Come exam time, you won't be able to move for diagrams, revision plans and notes but I'm not quite at that stage yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Basically imagine someone walked into your room without knowing or meeting you, and had to guess what type of person you are, solely based on the objects in your bedroom. What conclusions do you think they'd come to (apart from messy).I thought this would be a fun way of attempting to psycho-analysing ourselves.

Mine goes like:

I have dream books, tarot cards and a book on buhdist proverbs - spiritual, unrealistic gullible!?

My notice board is filled with gig tickets, photos, awards, train tickets, letters and cards - sentimental?

I many folders and revision books piled haphazardly at the bottom of my bed - hardworking but severely disorganised?

I also stash things under my bed - secretive?

Based on my ipod deck, CD collection and posters - Heavily music orientated?

Wardrobe - Reserved but quite feminine?

Your turn.
    Not to be odd but my room really is the same as what you described in terms of stuff lying about and to add I have a pair of over the head headphones slung on a chair and some really worn converse on the floor.

ReputationRep:
    I was told I had a 'very spartan' room at university. By the girl I was dating at the time.

Yea, I'm pretty much dead inside. :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)

Underfloor heating ftw
    That looks AMAZING. You must be a legend.

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:
    Just looked around my room and realised that if someone who didnt know me walked into my room they'd probably not know anything at all about me...
    My bedrooms so generic: desk, bed, laptop, carpet, cupboard, drawers, and a shelf for my books. Nothing up on the walls because i cant be bothered, and hardly any clutter cuz my mum sweeps through like a wirlwind every so often and takes any with her. In fact...

If i died right now it would be as if nobody important lived here...

Cheers OP

ReputationRep:
    clothes, make up and books EVERYWHERE. You can't see my floor. most people would probably think I'm a messy shopaholic bookworm.

ReputationRep:
    I think the most noticeable feature of my room is that there is too much brown. :teeth:

Its painted light brown and there is a brown carpet, brown curtains, brown bed sheet, dark brown furniture, brown coffee mug and many other brown things....

My book shelf is mainly full of Victorian literature, several history and science books and few recent best sellers. mehh...

ReputationRep:
    Lots of photos on two walls, posters, flowery bedsheets and pillow cases, rug on the floor, unorganised work space (I work at uni and when I come back I dump everything on my desk) paper piles building up around my desk, clothes in drawers/cupboard/back of door.

ReputationRep:
    My room is full of other people's stuff...so I suppose it demonstrates that I don't care that much about the environment I sleep in and that, I don't know, people dump their crap on me.

(Original post by SAK.A)
    That looks AMAZING. You must be a legend.
    Yeah im the G.O.A.T

ReputationRep:
    I have a bed (like sleeping) a rocking chair (practicing for old age) selection box detritus left over from christmas (slob and forgetful) and a desk with drawers which I like putting things in (organised). There are also glow in the dark skeletons, stars and dinosaurs on the walls and a cow, mouse and ladybird hanging from springs on the ceiling (used to be my little brother's room, haven't redecorated yet. Thinking of keeping the dinosaurs...)

ReputationRep:
    Well, they'd recognize that I'm incapable of actually putting clothes and books away rather than strewing them on every available surface.

Otherwise, I think they'd be able to tell a lot about me from my room. I've covered most of the wall space with photos, old train tickets, certificated, random pictures etc. so they'd be able to figure a lot out from that. They'd know what I look like, that I like horses and rockclimbing, and they'd know quite a bit of the places I've been by train/air and some plays and films I've watched over the past few years.
    From the bookshelves it'd be evident that I like books. A lot of old classics, Harry Potter books, and books for learning French.
    They'd see what TV programmes I like from the massive pile of Friends and Father Ted DVDs.

I actually think if someone saw my room before meeting me, they'd have a fairly representative idea of what I'm like as a person. They would probably think I'm younger than I am though.

ReputationRep:
    The first thing you see when you walk into my room is a huge poster of a female ass on the wall.

ReputationRep:
    An absolute slob. Dog eared books all over the floor, empty packs of cigarettes, and large piles of schoolwork from five years ago piled in the corner. There's also a weird smell coming from somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh fun! My room at uni is currently a complete state. I have a 'floordrobe' because I'm too lazy to put stuff either in the wash basket or in my wardrobe.

I have a shelf which is still wrapped in plastic and leaning against the wall a year later, with a tower of fiction books next to it that are propped up by the shelf bracket!

My pin board is covered in concert tickets, railcard tickets and random paraphenalia like cards I picked up from restaurants and entrance tickets (my favourite being one to the sex museum in Amsterdam) which I guess would make me look well travelled, sentimental and a bit of a pervert.

My walls are also covered in photos of my friends and postcards of flowers and romance and colour. It's a very girly room, the theme is pink and white with my bed sheets tying the theme together (not that I ever make my bed).

My curtains are permanently drawn because there's a bus stop right outside where double deckers go past and I don't want people looking in at the mess! But they're thin so it's very light.

I don't have any textbooks or work in my room, and I generally leave my laptop downstairs, so they might wonder why I'm at Uni. Thinking about it I don't really have any folders of work.. I tend to burn everything at the end of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uzzy?)
    Right :rolleyes:
    What about yours? :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    I want your room. Now.
    'Tis rather epic. At home I can't have my purple fluffy fairy lights or my wall of Edward Monkton cartoons or my glittery flamingo or blue penguin or anything though, like I do at uni :sad:

(Original post by .meh.)
    Reminds me of something else :sexface:
    :confused:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.