Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for 2 roles with my local pizza hut 6 days ago, one for hut host and the other for team member.

I got a call yesterday, literally as I finished having an interview at greggs, inviting me to interview tomorrow But he mentioned it's for back of house instead of what I applied for, would I be interested? I said yes but need some tips on what this role entails and interview stuff from people who work there if possible. I know it's short notice as my interview is tomorrow at 11:45 am! I'm actually working till quite late tonight so don't have too much time to prep but I did literally have an interview yesterday which I think went well Can anyone tell me what the pay is like?

I also have an interview on monday for a supervisor role where I currently work so I'm a bit on edge atm with 3 interviews all so close together but I guess it will make the decision process easier as greggs said they'll let me know by thursday I think and with the supervisor one they want to make a decision by thursday too.

Anyone know roughly how long pizza hut tend to take after interview to let people know? I was surprised I got offered an interview tbh because since July, I've applied for roles at pizza hut 2 or 3 times and never made it to interview stage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    I applied for 2 roles with my local pizza hut 6 days ago, one for hut host and the other for team member.

I got a call yesterday, literally as I finished having an interview at greggs, inviting me to interview tomorrow But he mentioned it's for back of house instead of what I applied for, would I be interested? I said yes but need some tips on what this role entails and interview stuff from people who work there if possible. I know it's short notice as my interview is tomorrow at 11:45 am! I'm actually working till quite late tonight so don't have too much time to prep but I did literally have an interview yesterday which I think went well Can anyone tell me what the pay is like?

I also have an interview on monday for a supervisor role where I currently work so I'm a bit on edge atm with 3 interviews all so close together but I guess it will make the decision process easier as greggs said they'll let me know by thursday I think and with the supervisor one they want to make a decision by thursday too.

Anyone know roughly how long pizza hut tend to take after interview to let people know? I was surprised I got offered an interview tbh because since July, I've applied for roles at pizza hut 2 or 3 times and never made it to interview stage
    I don't, but if I PM you will you give me discount in Greggs? :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .meh.)
    I don't, but if I PM you will you give me discount in Greggs? :coma:
    hehe nice try :p:

I'm looking forward to the discount myself, will appreciate it more than the discount where I currently work! -I'm not a huge fan of cinema food besides the ice cream :p:

ReputationRep:
    hehe nice try :p:

I'm looking forward to the discount myself, will appreciate it more than the discount where I currently work! -I'm not a huge fan of cinema food besides the ice cream :p:
    Butterkist toffee popcorn :coma:

Do you get to watch films for free? What is the weirdest thing you have ever seen in a cinema?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I work at Pizza Hut but I'm on the FOH team.
    It is a great company to work for - really chilled out and everyone at mine gets on so well.
    I don't work back of house but basically the role entails cooking the pizzas obviously, if it's busy it will be a fast paced environment and from what I've been told it can be a lot of fun. Also quite a few people at my PH are cross trained so they started at FOH/BOH but now are able to work either. You won't get tips working in the kitchen but your tax allowance is higher - but if you're a student or just part time that probably won't affect you.
    My interview initially was just for a job over christmas so I don't know if yours will be the same - it was only about 15 mins, we sat down in the restaurant so it was really informal and they just asked me why pizza hut, do i eat there, do I fit in with teams and so on - really relaxed, there's not much prep you need to do if any.

Pay wise depends on your age. I'm 18 and get just under a fiver per hour but then I get tips as well, you wouldn't in BOH. After either 3 or 6 months (can't remember) pay will go up.

My interview was on a Monday and they called me on the Thursday to say I'd got it. I then worked for about a month over Christmas just doing the foundation jobs like seating people, taking food out etc. I was then kept on and now wait on tables and so on.

It is a great company to work for but at the end of the day you've got to choose the place which will suit your needs best. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Interview was very informal, don't know if it's a good or bad thing but he hardly asked me anything tbh. They'll be letting people know Monday or Tuesday but if I don't hear anything to assume it's a no.... :/ surely they still say something?

ReputationRep:
    Just wait and see I guess. I was told they'd call me either way but I suppose it depends on the manager and how many people they interviewed. How long was the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chasing_dreams)
    Just wait and see I guess. I was told they'd call me either way but I suppose it depends on the manager and how many people they interviewed. How long was the interview?
    I think about 5-10 minutes for the interview- it seemed to go very quick anyway, I arrived early thinking that would show eagerness and found that there was someone else arriving at the same time and it was her turn first, they actually interviewed her in the restaurant while I sat not too far away waiting so even though I tried not to, I did overhear part of her interview

Also there was a head office guy there to inspect so it felt like they didn't want to spent too much time interviewing either of us.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry tbh. It probably went fine. Mine was really short as well - he said it was just basically to see if I'd fit in with the team - I suppose they can see from your CV whether or not you have experience etc. As you've got two other interviews at other places you've got a range to (hopefully) get offers from and then it's up to you - I have found PH to be a good employer but at the end of the day it probably depends on the restaurant and the rest of the team.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think it depends from store to store. When I went for my interview it was about 30 mins and there were questions about past experiences and memories etc. stuff like that. I got told pretty much straight away after an intro shift that night. And its been a year now and I love it!!

Oh and pay is like over a £5 for me and I'm 18 ... I should know exactly tbh lol. As long as the people are great in that Hut then its the best place to work. And once you've trained BOH you can always ask to cross train and be FOH, then you can do both! Btw your training will be so much quicker and better than mine cos they've changed it from what ive seen with our newbies ... took me several months to get onto tables ... learning on the job is not the best lol

ReputationRep:
    Er does this mean I didn't get it and they're not going to outright say sorry it's a no??

"Just a short email to update you on the progress of your application with Pizza Hut.**Your details are now able*to be viewed by other Pizza Hut Delivery/Restaurants within your local area.* We will contact you should a position be available at one of these locations.*"

ReputationRep:
    yeah, sorry, i got the same when appying to be a driver.
    they said my qualifications were not enough, wtf? what more then a motorcycle licence do you need?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    yeah, sorry, i got the same when appying to be a driver.
    they said my qualifications were not enough, wtf? what more then a motorcycle licence do you need?
    Seriously?

I can't believe it, I talked about my customer service experience, food handling, hygiene, team work. Plus I live a 15 minute walk away!!

If he'd bothered to ask me more about myself I may have had a chance

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?

I can't believe it, I talked about my customer service experience, food handling, hygiene, team work. Plus I live a 15 minute walk away!!

If he'd bothered to ask me more about myself I may have had a chance
    thats the message i got back.

Ive got a Job at papa Johns now, so i dont mind too much
    (we do better pizza anyway )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    thats the message i got back.

Ive got a Job at papa Johns now, so i dont mind too much
    (we do better pizza anyway )
    it's very rude of them

oh well I got the Greggs job and start on friday

ReputationRep:
    congrats!
    im possibly starting at a new papa johns soon (some 13 miles shorter commute)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to notify you whether you passed the online job assesment?

ReputationRep:

I work as a delivery rider for Pizza Hut I get on with all the drivers/riders as I had known them from school and got on we'll. but the manger and area manger and everyone above are horrible don't think about anyone but themselves and money. I wouldn't work there if I was u. Unreliable hours and well tbh they won't give a **** about you!

ReputationRep:
    Dear users never go on PIzza hut bike rider you got nothing and you have to do a lot of work and it's totally risk i just have started 6 month before and got 3 or 4 incident it's totally risk i only say that and no one can help you not the pizza hut not manger and even not the police on incident trust me instead of this one u just start ur own work on the bike

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.