Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I just have my pink driver licence thru the post today and just wondering does law require me to carry it at all time?

ReputationRep:
    no (by all the time i assume you mean when you're driving)

ReputationRep:
    I think if you get stopped by the police they will give you a slip saying you need to produce it at the police station within 7 days. But they can check all of this stuff on the computers in their pandas anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys..

ReputationRep:
    Even if it is in your pocket when/if you get pulled, never say it is. If they are going to do you it is more work for them if they cannot properly identify you at the scene and they might consider a warning instead. Similarly, when/if they ever pull you, NEVER admit to anything. They are trained to use open, leading questions to coerce an admission from you. Choose your answers carefully and without a license, other ID and no admission, you might get off. MIGHT !
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You dont have to carry it around all the time.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to, but it does make life easier if you do. A couple of years ago I was pulled over and quite literally accused of stealing my own car. The police checked who the car was registered to (me) and who was the holder of the insurance policy (me) and then demanded to see proof that I was who I said I was - cue handing them my licence.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.