KCL or Bristol? watch

• View Poll Results: Which is better?
    King's College London
    56.00%
    University of Bristol
    44.00%

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    what do you suggest is better, KCL or Bristol, for MSc Accounting and Finance in terms of employment opportunities, academic standing?!

ReputationRep:
    KCL being in London will help you immensely with job opportunities, especially being as both Universities are essentially on the same footing in terms of prestige.

ReputationRep:
    thanks! any idea about how this course is at KCL?

ReputationRep:
    KCL for the 'london advantage'

ReputationRep:
    I *think* they don't offer this course but you can apply for Business management.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/unde...header_search/

Have a look at the video

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    I *think* they don't offer this course but you can apply for Business management.

Have a look at the video
    The OP's looking at postgrad

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/grad...header_search/

ReputationRep:
    In terms of international visibility and prestige I would say KCL. After my Msc here at CT I will attempt a PhD at Kings CL if I can secure funding!

ReputationRep:
    what have u accepted at the king's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResearchCalTch)
    In terms of international visibility and prestige I would say KCL. After my Msc here at CT I will attempt a PhD at Kings CL if I can secure funding!
    But is it as good academically? I mean for this particular course?

ReputationRep:
    Bristol gets more people in City jobs and its MSc is considerably stronger

ReputationRep:

Have a look at the video
    Had you looked at the forum title (or indeed read the OP) you would have noticed that OP is asking about postgraduate advice. And you're linking him an undergraduate course. No wonder you (might) go to kings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shreezer)
    But is it as good academically? I mean for this particular course?

I think so yes. Speaking as a international postgrad from the States I would say they are perceived to be level for this Msc and in general but I am not a definite authority. Nobody is an authority on this board! I think the choice is about and your needs now. Do you feel you benefit more from living in London and being closer to better network opportunities in the capitol? Or a more close knit community and academic hub in Bristol? Myself I would choose Kings because it is in London and that is more interesting socially for an int. student but you never know.

Do you mind telling me where else you have applied? And what you plan to do afterwards eg: finance, PhD, banking?

edit also

What GPA do they want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Had you looked at the forum title (or indeed read the OP) you would have noticed that OP is asking about postgraduate advice. And you're linking him an undergraduate course. No wonder you (might) go to kings
    LOL I misread it. Calm down. Most people here talk about undergraduate study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    The OP's looking at postgrad

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/grad...header_search/
    Yeah sorry, I didn't notice. I was trying to help but was in a rush. OP, I think you should choose KCL cos of the 'London advantage' but both universities are great in terms of rep

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sorry, I didn't notice. I was trying to help but was in a rush. OP, I think you should choose KCL cos of the 'London advantage' but both universities are great in terms of rep
    haha, don't worry about it

I see your Firming King's? have you gone about sorting accommodation out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResearchCalTch)
    I think so yes. Speaking as a international postgrad from the States I would say they are perceived to be level for this Msc and in general but I am not a definite authority. Nobody is an authority on this board! I think the choice is about and your needs now. Do you feel you benefit more from living in London and being closer to better network opportunities in the capitol? Or a more close knit community and academic hub in Bristol? Myself I would choose Kings because it is in London and that is more interesting socially for an int. student but you never know.

Do you mind telling me where else you have applied? And what you plan to do afterwards eg: finance, PhD, banking?

edit also

What GPA do they want?
    well, i have strathclyde and westminster in hand too for the same course. i'd like to do something with consultancy after the msc...but lets see what works out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Focus08)
    Bristol gets more people in City jobs and its MSc is considerably stronger
    hey!
    so you would say bristol for sure above kcl. does kcl not have great job opportunities or what?

ReputationRep:
    Also, would you guys say that Warwick or Edinburgh are better than bristol or kcl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shreezer)
    Also, would you guys say that Warwick or Edinburgh are better than bristol or kcl?
    Warwick probably has a better reputation in business areas than the other 2, WBS is well known for being a top school.
    Though the KCL London advantage may place it on par.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbygreg)
    Warwick probably has a better reputation in business areas than the other 2, WBS is well known for being a top school.
    Though the KCL London advantage may place it on par.
    thanks greg?!
    But when one looks at the world ranking of universities, most places, i have seen bristol being above warwick.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.