Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Elbow clicking watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    K embarrassingly during the World Cup last year I drunkenly tripped over a bus stop and fell directly on my right elbow. I grazed my elbow and knee and bled pretty bad, but didn't think much of it.

Afterwards I noticed that my elbow clicked whenever I bent it. I did mention this to my GP a few weeks after it happened and he examined it and said it was fine and that the clicking would probably stop "after a few weeks". Thing is we're now coming up to a year after it happened and my stupid elbow still clicks audibly whenever I bend it. It doesn't hurt but I can "feel it" sort of moving when I bend my elbow and its a little annoying.

Is it worth bothering the GP about it again, seeing as it doesn't actually hurt? Is it likely to cause me any problems in the future?

ReputationRep:
    Does it click every single time you move it, or click once and then stop, like when you crack your knuckles? My elbow clicks sometimes, on the elbow I dislocated when I was little. I think the joint is just a little loose. It's nothing to worry about, it won't cause arthritis or anything if that's what you're asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cybele)
    Does it click every single time you move it, or click once and then stop, like when you crack your knuckles? My elbow clicks sometimes, on the elbow I dislocated when I was little. I think the joint is just a little loose. It's nothing to worry about, it won't cause arthritis or anything if that's what you're asking.
    Thanks for your reply. It clicks every single time I bend it, yeah =)

ReputationRep:
    Next you'll be telling us that it makes you scared to get in any social situations and it's ruined your life.

EDIT: Aww, nobody gets it :sad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Next you'll be telling us that it makes you scared to get in any social situations and it's ruined your life.
    Huh? Erm, no. Its a clicking elbow. The reason I'm posting is in the original post.

Hi my knees and elbows also click :lol: take cod liver oil and it will stop

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! My elbows click several times a day, well, when I make them.

Like my fingers, thumbs, back toes, knees and hips. XD

(Original post by jamiepango)
    Sometimes if your body is still growing, your joints may click which was what happened to my knees for a while. Also my elbows occasionally click when doing press-ups but like you, it doesn't really hurt. However if yours seems to click whenever you bend your arm, I recommend seeing your GP, even if it doesn't hurt
    They will say what you said tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    Sometimes if your body is still growing, your joints may click which was what happened to my knees for a while. Also my elbows occasionally click when doing press-ups but like you, it doesn't really hurt. However if yours seems to click whenever you bend your arm, I recommend seeing your GP, even if it doesn't hurt
    Thank you very much for your help =) I'm 25 so I don't think its like growing pains. Since it doesn't really hurt I don't think its worth bothering the GP just for that little thing, but I will be registering at a new GP soon and I think I'll mention it at my registration appointment and just have them take a look.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.