Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

why do so many people do the PGCE in Primary when there are not many jobs!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    as above!

ReputationRep:
    Go teach in the ghetto then, princess.

Oh and RE: your sig - please don't teach English to primary school kids. PLEASE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonberry)
    Go teach in the ghetto then, princess.

Oh and RE: your sig - please don't teach English to primary school kids. PLEASE.
    I am asking a general question FREAK!! P.S its a signature on a forum, I can be as informal as I want.

ReputationRep:
    P.S I have a 2:1 in law, so my English is pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    Because that's what they want to do. There were a massive cut in numbers for PGCE's this year, they reflect the lack of jobs. It's like any other job these days, competitive!
    They could apply for a job in another part of the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghetto_Princess12)
    as above! there is a massive oversubscription of people with pgce in the north west
    Lots of people have a desire to be a primary school teacher? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    really ??? hard to believe

ReputationRep:
    I am asking a general question FREAK!! P.S its a signature on a forum, I can be as informal as I want.
    I'm a freak? Wow won't you be a great teacher!

Enjoy never being employed, tard.

Haha... wow :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well most people will probably travel/move to where there are jobs.

ReputationRep:
    OP really set herself up for a fail with this one... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The job situation isn't uniform across the country - there are very few vacancies in Wales, the south west, Scotland and the north and there are more jobs in general in more urban areas (from what I've been told and can tell at any rate).

ReputationRep:
    as above!
    So they have broadened horizons than those whithout a PGCE? More options

ReputationRep:
    Simply because they want to! In general the job situation in this country isn't great..nobody should be put off with 'what ifs'..life is too damn short, if you have a vocation, follow it.

On the job front note - I live in the North West and yes there are many NQT's looking for jobs, however the school where I work is expanding to two form entry from this September because there is a huge shortfall of places within the primary sector, ours is not the only school either...

ReputationRep:
    Because I wanted to be a teacher.. Sure the south west sucks for job vacancies especially permanent posts but I wasnt going to let them put me off

ReputationRep:
    There is a lack of jobs in all professions at the minute. I will probably be redundant in a year anyway, so I might as well train in a good profession and take my chances than take my chances without a PGCE.

ReputationRep:
    because there arent many jobs regardless of what career you take at the moment!
    because for some of us, teaching is the only career we've ever dreampt of, wanted to do, planned our lives around.
    because teaching is such an amazing and rewarding career to have regardless of potential job finding issues

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.