Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    I would say it depends on you. I know 15 year olds I would say are capable of independent travel, that said I know people who are 20+ and I think they would struggle.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you feel confident enough then go for it. Bear in mind some hostels don't allow people below 18 to stay there though!

ReputationRep:
    Are your parents cool with this?

Mine wouldn't have been at 17, but if yours are then good luck!!!

If you do go, it will greatly develop your independence though and you'll learn some invaluable life skills.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. Just be really careful. Make sure someone back home knows where abouts you are etc. At 17 even though it seems your sensible enough, anything can happen.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to go around Europe solo!. Generally you should be fine if not catch me up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.